Other names of the love ladder flower, also known as fern and Nephrolepis, are Nephrolepis exaltata and future. There are different types according to leaf size. It does not bloom; however, almost every month of the year, if it is in an environment that it likes, the plant that remains green is among the preferred species as a living room plant.
We are sure that you will enjoy reading our article if you want to have a love ladder flower that can adapt to the interior immediately and is not very difficult to care for if you are wondering how to care for the love ladder flower. Let’s take a look at the titles about the love ladder flower, whose name evokes positive emotions.
What is the Love Ladder Flower? Types and Meaning
- The love ladder flower, which grows in many different places in the tropics, does not have a particular outlet. Varieties of love ladder flowers include those with flatter petals, wider and curved petals, and those wavy leaves. These species were discovered during diversification.
- The meaning of the love ladder flower is about coming to love.
- The love ladder story known among the people first begins with a flower that is tried to be grown at home. No matter how hard the host tries, this ladder of love is insatiable and weak.
- The host brings a lively love ladder from nature next to the undersized plant, and the lifeless love ladder that sees this plant comes to life and begins to grow.
- At the end of this story, it is said that the name of this plant species is the love ladder, as it grows in love.
- It is also among the rumors that the more love is shown to the ladder of love, the easier it is to revive.
- There are also those who say that it is called the ladder of love because of the ladder-shaped structure of the leaves and the fact that the plant grows and multiplies easily when they love its location.
How to Care for a Love Ladder Flower?
If you position the love ladder in the right place and perform the maintenance properly, you can already start thinking about a larger pot for the plant that will grow bushy in a short time. Now, let’s examine our list of tips for flower care:
- The answer to the question of whether the love ladder flower loves the sun is partial yes. It is the most suitable option to position the flower pot in a bright but indirect sunlight place, not direct sunlight.
- The love ladder can grow in most weather conditions, but it’s best to keep the indoor temperature warm.
- In windy and drafty areas, the plant may be strained and the leaves of the flower may wilt. Therefore, prefer to place the plant in places where the airflow is calm.
- To preserve the vitality of your plant, use vitamin and mineral supplements that you can get from florists once a year.
- Make sure the leaves of the flower can expand easily. It will be good if there are no walls and other plants very close to it.
- The love ladder irrigation interval varies according to the seasonal temperature. For example, while irrigation may be required every day in very hot summer months, even once-week irrigation may be sufficient in cold winter months.
- You can check the dryness of your plant’s soil to decide when to water.
- It will be beneficial to irrigate with quality and room temperature water.
- After watering, you should regularly clean the excess water in the pot plate. This water is the water that the plant does not need and gives out.
- The pot can be approximately 10 cm deep and wide at the beginning stage. As your plant grows, you can transfer it to a larger pot.
- Hot weather months are suitable for repotting.
- In the love ladder flower, many leaves appear on thin stems. It is not possible to reproduce from the tiny seeds given by the flower and to reproduce the love ladder flower.
- For the reproduction process, you can reproduce the tiny bulbs at the bottom of your plant by planting them in a different pot when the weather is nice.
What to Do When the Love Ladder Flower Withers?
- Even if the love ladder flower dries up, there will be revival if you take care of it properly.
- Drying may be related to the way you water. Do not forget to give clean and warm water as the soil dries according to the air temperature.
- You can cut the leaves that are drying, rotting, or turning yellow and lifeless with scissors.
- Your plant may have started to dry out because it was exposed to direct sun or wind. Changing the position of the pot makes it easier to revive in this case.
- If all the conditions are very good, but your love ladder is still drying up, there is a possibility of plant disease. You can treat your plant with medicines you can buy from florists.
Is the Love Ladder Flower Unlucky?
- When the question of whether the flower of the love ladder is harmful, is searched on the internet, although there are comments that it may be related to cancer, there is no such scientific evidence.
- Many people who grow the love ladder flower continue their lives in a healthy way.
- Since the love flower ladder is a flower that normally grows in the rainforest, its leaves are also believed to be tightly connected with the rain.
- For this reason, there are places where it is believed that cutting or drying the leaves too much will bring bad luck. Although these are local beliefs, the most beautiful state of the plant is its bushy and lively state.
What Are the Benefits of the Love Ladder Flower?
- Among the benefits of the love ladder flower, we can count it primarily to clean the air. As with many plants, the love ladder also contributes to the healthier and more spacious atmosphere of the spaces.
- Your ladder of love not only cleans the air but also contributes to maintaining the moisture balance.
- The tropical-looking plant also adds an exotic and different atmosphere to the decoration of interior spaces. For this reason, it is preferred both to add a healthy atmosphere to the house and to add a pleasant difference in appearance.