Increase the benefits of foods
How to eat it to benefit from the benefits of garlic, how to cook broccoli so that it does not lose its vitamin, which dishes are best used with turmeric, which does not end with counting its benefits, how should it be stored so that flaxseed does not deteriorate? There are simple and effective answers to these and many similar questions. We asked the nutritionist and dietitian about everything from the most digestible dairy product to how long the food can be stored in the fridge. Because many factors such as which food should be cooked and how, the benefit will increase if consumed with it, and storage conditions form the basis of a healthy diet.
Even if we basically consume healthy foods, we may not be getting enough efficiency from the nutrients. Saying that many factors such as which food should be cooked, how it should be consumed with what, and storage conditions are the basis of a healthy diet, Nutrition and Diet Specialist Tuba Örnek made 27 suggestions to increase the positive effects of foods:
- 1. Consume the garlic by chewing it or pounding it in a mortar.
- 2. Do not cook the broccoli for a long time, it is enough to cook it for 5 minutes.
- 3 . Foods rich in vitamin C can be consumed for iron absorption. For example, eat a salad rich in green and red peppers, with lots of lemon, next to the meat.
- 4. You can use turmeric with black pepper in hot dishes.
- 5. You can increase the antioxidant value by adding 1 teaspoon of natural honey to the green tea you brew.
- 6. Make sure your vitamin D supplements are supplemented with K2. Because vitamin K deficiency negatively affects the synthesis of vitamin D! You can learn the details from our news here: Vitamin that causes vitamin D deficiency: Vitamin K!
- 7. You can crush or grind the cloves in a mortar and add them to your teas.
- 8. Consume raw oil seeds such as walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds.
- 9 . Store flaxseed without grinding. When you consume it, grind 1-2 teaspoons and use it without waiting.
- 10 . You can make it easier to digest by turning butter into ghee.
HEALTHIER VERSION OF BUTTER: REVGAN-I SADE (GHEE)
Ghee is more nutritious than standard plain butter, as it is processed at low heat, usually below 100 degrees.
Ghee , which is the part of butter containing 99% milk fat and also known as plain oil , has been very popular lately. Known as Revgan’ı Sade in the Ottoman Empire , this oil is also referred to as Ghee in Middle Eastern and Indian cuisine. It is made from cow’s milk fat, which is treated at low heat until the water evaporates, leaving behind milk solids. The healthier version of butter: how to make clarified butter, you can check out this article:
WAYS TO INCREASING THE BENEFITS OF NUTRIENTS
- 11. Omega-3 is reduced when fish is fried. You can cook the fish in the oven or on the grill.
- 12. Soak the legumes overnight and even cook them after they have sprouted.
- 13. Cooking tomatoes provides more benefits from lycopene.
- 14. Consume yogurt or kefir instead of milk. Kefir is easier to digest and you gain probiotics.
Moreover, by consuming a glass of kefir every day, you can balance your intestinal system and benefit from many benefits from your immune system to skin beauty thanks to beneficial probiotics.
- 15. Choose whole grains that are not refined, but shelled and fibrous.
- 16. Use olive oil as extra virgin, store in a dark place.
- 17 . Store your salt in a dark environment to avoid iodine loss.
Iodine deficiency from goiter to menstrual irregularity, from hair loss to skin dryness; causes many problems. For this reason, iodized refined salt should be used unless otherwise stated by the doctor.
Since iodine is an element that cannot be produced by the body, it must be taken from outside. The main source of iodine is refined iodized salt. However, seafood is also a good source of iodine. While the iodine content is lower than most seafood, eggs, meat and dairy products are also richer in iodine than most plant foods.
- 18. Prefer bananas, apples, kiwis unripe.
- 19. Do not boil the herbal teas that we use for their leaves and flowers for a long time, it is enough to brew for 5 minutes.
- 20. Using olive oil in vegetable dishes and salads increases the absorption of vitamins and minerals.
SUGGESTIONS TO INCREASE THE BENEFIT OF FOODS
- 21. Consume fermented products that increase beneficial gut bacteria (probiotics).
Probiotics are live microorganisms that maintain the microbial balance in the intestines. Prebiotics, on the other hand, are indigestible food components that are generally included in food fiber that enable the proliferation of probiotic microorganisms. The most important probiotics are Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium species. The most familiar to us is the lactic acid found in yogurt. Learn more about probiotics and prebiotics.
- 22. Prepare green vegetables by dividing them with your hands, not by cutting them with a knife.
- 23. After cutting and chopping vegetables and fruits, consume them without waiting.
- 24. Do not keep your cooked food at room temperature for more than 2 hours or more than 2 days in the refrigerator.
- 25. Manage your stress. Stress negatively affects digestion, nutrients become useless.
- 26. Smoking reduces nutrient absorption, stay away from smoking.
- 27. Consume your tea and coffee 1 hour after your meal.