Immortelle: Herb of Eternal Youth Benefits
Immortal grass, which can be grown in many regions in our country, draws attention with both its oil and flower. Immortal grass, whose flowers do not fall after being plucked, is often preferred as an ornamental plant thanks to this feature. The immortelle has many names among the people. Sunflower, golden flower, spleen are some of them.
What is Immortal Grass?
- The Latin name of the immortelle is Helichrysum angustifolium. In Western sources, this plant is also referred to as immortelle.
- It is also known as the plant of eternal youth. Species of this plant have been used for therapeutic purposes since ancient times.
- The reason why the flower is called immortelle is that the flower structure does not fall off and does not lose its color even after it is established.
- The plant can grow from around 50 – 60 inches.
- The immortelle plant has a very bright and yellow color. Its handles contain components similar to chitin.
- Immortelle is a member of the daisy family.
- There are 600 species known worldwide. In our country, about 34 species grow.
- The bright yellow Helichrysum species are popularly known as immortal flowers.
- The name Helichrysum comes from the Greek names for gold and swirling. Helichrysum cultivars, although rare, bear red and white bracts.
- Immortelle oil is the essential oil obtained from the immortelle flower. This oil is very beneficial for the skin and body. Turning this flower into essential oil further increases its effects.
- Immortelle flower oil has many pharmacological effects. Essential oils made from Helichrysum varieties are used in perfumery and aromatherapy.
- About 1 ton of dried flowers yields 0.85 kilos of essential oil. This essential oil has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and bacterial effects.
- It is used by aromatherapists to remove scars on the skin.
Miraculous Benefits of Immortelle Flower
- Immortelle has an antispasmodic property. It also has a blood-purifying effect.
- Immortelle stimulates the liver. It speeds up the detox process.
- Immortelle flower has hypotensive effects. These effects improve blood cells. It reduces high blood pressure.
- It relaxes muscle functions.
- Another remarkable feature among the benefits of immortelle is that the plant increases immunity. In this way, it helps to protect the body against cancer.
- It helps in relieving stomach bloating and indigestion felt after meals.
- Dried immortelle has diuretic properties.
- The Immortelle flower also draws attention with its benefits to the skin. It gives moisture to the skin. It has an anti-aging effect.
- Immortelle has antioxidant properties. It purifies the skin from dirt and germs. It tightens the pores and helps maintain skin tension.
- The immortelle regulates the work of the kidney, gall bladder, and pancreas.
- It helps to remove the stones formed in the gallbladder and kidney stones. However, it is recommended that people with this disorder consult a doctor beforehand.
- Among the benefits of the immortelle flower, there is also weight loss. Immortelle tea helps weight control. It accelerates fat burning.
- It can be used in the treatment of diseases such as hemorrhoids and prostate.
- Immortelle supports the digestive system.
How Is Immortelle Oil Made?
- immortelle flower
- Olive oil
Bain-marie style immortelle oil recipe:
- Put a cloth in a pot.
- Use only the flowering parts of the immortelle. Randomly break the flowers.
- The important thing here is that the plant is not wet or damp.
- Put the flowers you cut into the jar.
- Fill the jar with the oil so that it is completely topped with organic olive oil. The oil should go all the way to the top of the plants.
- Then put the jar in it.
- Put water in the pot. More than 2/3 of the pot should be water.
- Boil for at least 2 hours on low heat.
- After cooling, strain in a non-metallic plastic strainer.
- Then leave it overnight.
- Then put it in a glass container and seal it well. (The oil should not come into contact with the sun.)
Immortal Grass What Does It Do, How Is It Used?
- As a result of the researches, it has been revealed that the flavonoid and terpene substances in the content of immortelle prevent the growth of bacteria and fungi. In this way, immortelle is effective against wounds, infections, and rashes on the skin.
- Immortelle oil helps to heal and soften the skin when mixed with oils such as jojoba oil or coconut oil. If it is mixed with lavender oil, it is good for itching on the skin.
- The immortelle has the property of moisturizing the skin. Thanks to this feature, it is claimed that it is good for sunburns.
- Immortal grass protects the skin against the damage of UV rays. In this way, it reduces the risk of skin cancer. It can be mixed with coconut oil and applied to the sunburned area.
- Immortelle has an antibiotic effect. Therefore, it can be used as an anti-acne. Immortal grass, which does not cause dryness, treats the spotty area without redness.
- Immortelle oil affects the neurological system. Helps relieve symptoms of multiple sclerosis. You can rub a few drops of this oil on your body every day. However, you should not forget to take breaks for a few days every now and then.
With its antibiotic effect, immortelle oil can be used in the treatment of the following complaints:
- allergic reactions
- healing of wounds
- Gastritis and reflux diseases in the stomach
- Skin inflammations
- common cold
- Diseases of the liver
- Bile disorders
- Inflammation of muscles and joints
- stomach aches