How To Make Zucchini Pasta? Very easy!
How To Make Zucchini Pasta? Zucchini is a vegetable that is used in many dishes. And rightly so, it is an easy vegetable and healthy too. You can make a lot with zucchini, including spaghetti. But how do you make zucchini pasta?
You can make zucchini pasta with various food processors, but also with kitchen utensils from your own kitchen such as a knife, peeler or cheese slicer. Remove both ends and make long slices and then cut them into long strips.
When you have made pasta from zucchini, you can do a lot with it, including seasoning it with herbs and you put a tasty dish on the table.
Zucchini pasta is also called zucchini, it looks like spaghetti but is made from zucchini. A nice combination of two names!
Making Zucchini Spaghettigh
Making the pasta, spaghetti or courgetti can be done in different ways. You can use kitchen appliances, purchase a handy tool or just use a knife, peeler or cheese slicer, with some ‘art and flying work’ you can also use your grater, you will only get smaller strands.
With food processor
Some food processors can be used for making spaghetti, but this is usually not the ideal way. They are often large machines that, in this case, do not do what you want.
However, there are many other food processors for sale with which you can make the zucchini pasta.
However, you can also use other tools that are in your kitchen drawer to make the spaghetti. It’s that easy and you get the same result. I will give a few examples below.
Slice Zucchini Like Spaghetti
For making zucchini pasta you can also use other appliances and tools that you probably just have in the kitchen and use every day. I will give a few examples.
It always starts with cleaning the zucchini under the tap and dry the zucchini again. Then cut off both ends.
Then we make long slices of the zucchini by cutting thin slices lengthwise. Then you can do it with a knife, peeler, cheese slicer or possibly the cutting part of the grater.
These slices are then placed on the cutting board and then cut into thin strips. This is the way to make zucchini pasta without food processors. With a knife and a cutting stick you already have enough tools to make pasta from zucchini.
The result of the cutting is that you have zucchini pasta, but the strings will not be the same size and width. Processed in a dish or salad it really won’t stand out and it’s still zucchini, so tasty!
Now that you have made the zucchini pasta, you can make delicious dishes with it. For example, think of a salad or a tasty pesto pasta.
Zucchini Pasta Pesto
I only use vegetables for this tasty zucchini ‘pasta pest’. You can of course replace this vegetable or add other ingredients. What do you need for 2 people?
- 1 zucchini, for the pasta
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 handful of pine nuts
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered or halved
- 1/2 red pointed pepper, diced
- Olive oil
- Pepper & salt, to taste
and for the pesto
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch basil
- 75 g pine nuts
- 30 g pickled capers
- 1 lemon, half zest grated, juice half a lemon
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
What are you going to do in the kitchen?
- Wash the zucchini and make pasta as described above.
- Roast the pine nuts over high heat without oil.
- Now put the basil leaves, garlic, capers and lemon juice in the food processor and add the oil. Mix everything into pesto. Taste to see if it is flavorful, otherwise you can add ingredients now.
- Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil in the frying pan. Then add the bell pepper and then the tomatoes. Now bake this for 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini pasta and cook for 1 minute.
- Now serve it on a plate and add a few spoons of pesto, a basil leaf for decoration and a few more toasted pine nuts.
You can also make a tasty salad from the zucchini pasta.
Zucchini Pasta Salad
Zucchini pasta also looks nice in the salad. You can use cubes of zucchini, but the spaghetti looks nicer and does not affect the taste.
I often make a salad with olives. It’s a different salad than you’re used to, but oh so tasty. For this you need the following ingredients:
- 1 zucchini, pasta
- 75 g sun-dried tomatoes (in oil)
- 10 basil leaves
- A few cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- Pepper and salt
- 2 tbsp black olives in rings
- 2 tbsp almond shavings
- Optionally Vegan Mozzarella or Parmesan
What are you doing in the kitchen?
- Make zucchini pasta as described above.
- Put the sun-dried tomatoes, basil leaves, lemon juice, garlic and a little salt and pepper in the food processor and mix everything. If it is too thick, you can add a spoonful of oil from the jar of the sun-dried tomatoes. Taste to see if it tastes good, otherwise you can add ingredients now.
- Spoon the tomato sauce through the pasta and also the olives and cherry tomatoes
- Garnish the pasta with shavings of almonds and optionally the cheese.
This is how you can make zucchini pasta and what you can prepare with it. Have fun in the kitchen.