How To Make Leek Smoothie? 2 variations
How to make leek smoothie? Squeeze a few oranges and put them in the blender, add spinach, a banana, and a glass of water. Add 1 handful of leek sprouts. Add agave syrup (or other sweeteners) to taste and let the blender run.
To make a leek smoothie you only use a small amount of leek or leek sprouts. A handful of leek sprouts can be used in a cup full of smoothies. You can use sliced leeks in your smoothie, but really a handful otherwise the leeks dominate so much that you have a leek taste in your mouth all day long. So how do you make a leek smoothie?
If you choose to make a leek smoothie, it will become a green smoothie. This goes together with other green vegetables and fruits. In this smoothie, leek sprouts go together with spinach.
How To Make Leek Smoothie?
What do you need for this green smoothie:
- 1 handful of leek sprouts (cool shelf from the AH or Deen)
- 1 handful of spinach
- banana, a whole
- Agave syrup or Stevia for example
- 3 oranges squeezed (take the pulp with you too)
- 1 glass of water or coconut water
How do you make a tasty smoothie from these ingredients?
- Place all ingredients, except the agave syrup, in a blender (close the lid) and let it run. After about 1 to 2 minutes you will have a smoothie.
- Place in a large cup and add agave syrup as desired.
- You now have a glass full of vitamins and fiber!
Another option is a smoothie with sliced leeks. Do not take too much of it because the taste can be very overpowering.
Leek Spinach Smoothie
What do you need:
- 1 handful sliced leek, white part
- 100 grams spinach
- 4 oranges squeezed, keep the pulp aside
- ½ avacado
- 100 grams of pineapple
- Agave syrup of your choice
- Possibly 1 glass of water
How to make this smoothie:
- Put the orange juice in the blender, as well as the pulp. Don’t bring the seeds.
- Add spinach and pineapple.
- Spoon out the avocado, without pit, and put this in the blender too
- Add the leeks and run the blender with the lid on.
- If the smoothie is too thick, you can add water. See for yourself how much.
- Taste your smoothie and add agave syrup if desired.
Of course, you can also experiment with fruits and vegetables yourself, to make different smoothies.