How to make Garlic Sauce? Multiple variants
What’s better than making your own garlic sauce? In this blog, we will discuss how to make garlic sauce in multiple variants. We make vegetable garlic sauce, also with mayonnaise, from Remia (Mayolijn) or Jean Baton, this one is slightly sour. This mayo also contains much less fat. You will not taste any difference with other mayo’s! So read along, and you can make the most delicious garlic sauce.
Mix vegetable mayonnaise, with a crushed garlic clove. Stir this together and add some water to make it more liquid. You can add spices to your liking, such as chives, onion powder, or paprika. Mix well and taste!
This version is just one of the ways to make garlic sauce. Several can be found below with herbs and/or spices.
Garlic as a base for sauce is a perfect start to your sauce. You must use fresh garlic. You can read how to keep garlic fresh for a long time in our blog ‘ How to store garlic? ‘. Roasting garlic can be done in different ways. You can read all about it in our blog ‘ How to Peel Garlic? Multiple ways ‘.
Garlic as a base for sauce is a perfect start to your sauce. You must use fresh garlic.
Making Garlic Sauce Simple
What do you need to make delicious garlic sauce that is as simple as that with only 4 ingredients:
- 3 full tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 clove Garlic
- Pinch of salt and pepper
This is probably the easiest variant of making a garlic sauce because only a few ingredients are used. Easy, simple and quickly ready. The fact that it’s so easy to make doesn’t affect the taste!
How to make this garlic sauce:
- Place all ingredients in a bowl, except salt and pepper, and mix well. If you want the sauce thinner, add a little more water. Note that the more water you add, the more flavor of the mayonnaise will be lost.
- Taste to see if you think it needs salt and pepper. Then add a pinch of salt and pepper and taste again.
Ready! Making garlic sauce can be really simple but also really tasty!
Vegan Garlic Sauce
As you can see, we use the mayonnaise from Remia (Mayoline) which is 100% vegetable and contains half the fat. It doesn’t affect the taste. Just mayonnaise flavor and nice and creamy. So that’s one advantage!
You can also use Jean Baton’s mayonnaise. It is also available at major supermarkets. It has a slightly sour taste but also very tasty.
There are more vegetable mayonnaises for sale. We have not used those yet. Of course, all mayonnaise from different brands tastes different. Find out which one you like best!
How to make a vegan garlic sauce:
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise Mayoline
- 2 tablespoons soy yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 large clove minced garlic (or more)
- Pepper and salt
The instructions for use are not that difficult:
- Add the mayonnaise and the soy yogurt together and stir well
- Add the lemon juice and stir this well into the mayo and yogurt mix.
- Now the crushed garlic can be added and stirred well.
- Taste to see if you want to add salt and pepper or maybe extra garlic.
Make sure that when the garlic sauce is standing for a while, the garlic is well absorbed. It can get very sharp when you put more garlic in it.
Making Garlic Sauce with Yogurt
Of course, you can add soy yogurt to the mayonnaise. Also delicious with herbs such as parsley, rosemary or chives.
What do you need to make garlic sauce with yogurt.
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise from Jean Baton
- 4 tablespoons of soy yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 clove garlic crushed (if you are a fan of garlic, take 1 large garlic clove, otherwise half)
Now make the sauce:
- Add the mayonnaise and yogurt together and stir well.
- Add the garlic and stir well.
- Now you can add the chives spoon by spoon and stir well in between.
Your garlic sauce with yogurt will taste delicious!
Making Garlic Sauce without Yogurt
There is certainly not always yogurt in the mayo. Often this is done so that it does not become so greasy. The mayonnaise we use already contains much less fat. Instead of the yogurt, you can add water to make it a soft and creamy sauce.
What do you need for a garlic sauce without yogurt:
- 6 full tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons water (or more, if you want the sauce thinner)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley, optional other herbs.
How are you going to make a sauce out of this:
- Mix water and mayonnaise well until it is an even mass.
- Add the garlic and stir well.
- Add the parsley, little by little, adjusting the amount to your liking.
This is how you make garlic sauce without yogurt. Enjoy your meal!
Garlic Sauce with Creme Fraiche
To make a delicious garlic sauce with crème frache you need the following:
- Small cup with crème frache (vegetable from Oatly, for example)
- 1 tsp dill (dried)
- 1 tablespoon chives (dried)
- 3 good heaped tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon parsley (dried)
- 1 or 2 teaspoons sweeteners (agave or stevia or sugar) as desired
- Salt and/or pepper to your liking
To make all this into a delicious garlic sauce with crème frache you need to do the following:
- Add the creme frache to the mayonnaise and stir well.
- Add the herbs and stir well into the mayonnaise mix.
- Taste what you think and add some salt and/or pepper if necessary.
Garlic sauce does not only have to be tasty but can also be healthy. That’s the next sauce we’re going to make.
Make your own garlic sauce Healthy
What do you need to make a garlic sauce that is as healthy as possible. When you use vegetable mayonnaise, without egg, and half the fat, your homemade garlic sauce is already healthier than other mayonnaises. The taste of this mayonnaise is the same as other mayonnaises.