How to Make a Baking Soda Mask? What are the Benefits? What Does It Do?
Carbonate, also known as sodium bicarbonate, is the common name for salts arising from the combination of acids and bases. Carbonate also called the ester of carbonic acid, is generally used in baking cakes and pastries.
Carbonate is a chemical substance that stands out with its many benefits. The carbonate, which helps soften the water, combines with the magnesium and calcium ions in hard water and forms a precipitate. The carbonate, which balances the pH value of the water, reacts with the hydrogen ions in the water and reduces the acidity of the water.
Carbonate, which has beneficial effects in many areas of life, is frequently used especially in the field of industry. Sodium bicarbonate, which is widely used in glass production thanks to its melting feature, is also used in the production of cleaning products such as soap and detergent. It is one of the most effective cleaning agents due to the special components in its structure.
One of the industrial uses of carbonate is paper production. In addition, carbonate is widely used in the production of some beverages, dairy and poultry, toothpaste, baking powder, water and wastewater treatment, powder fire extinguishers, leather and textile industry.
Carbonate, which is an effective chemical in almost every field from healthy nutrition recipes to cosmetics, is at the forefront due to its rapid dissolution in water. In addition to being easily accessible and economical, the fact that the side effects are minimal is the reason why carbonate is preferred.
How to Make a Baking Soda Mask?
Various skin masks are made with baking soda, which is a natural peeling with antiseptic properties:
- The carbonate water mask, prepared with 1 teaspoon of water and a teaspoon of baking soda, is a thick mixture. The prepared mixture is applied to the face and left to dry. After drying, it is washed with warm water. This mask is applied once a week. For black spots, add 1 teaspoon of baking soda and water to obtain a paste-like mixture. The prepared dough is plastered over the black spots and left for a few minutes. Then, the black spots are massaged with baking soda paste and washed with plenty of water and dried.
- The carbonated lemon mask, prepared using lemon and baking soda, which have natural whitening properties, helps to remove skin blemishes that occur due to sun, acne or any other reason. The mask prepared by adding 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to 1 teaspoon of baking soda is applied on the spots and left for about 10 minutes, then washed with water and dried. This process is repeated once a week.
- For the yogurt carbonate lemon mask, which is effective on skin spots, a mixture is prepared by using 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, a few drops of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of yogurt. The prepared mixture is applied to the skin and left until it dries. After drying, it is washed with water and this mask can be applied several times a week.
- Baking soda honey mask, which is prepared by using the juice of half a lemon, 1-2 tablespoons of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of honey to eliminate redness on the skin, relieves both itching and redness on the skin.
What are the Benefits of Baking Soda Mask?
- The carbonate mask, which has the effect of reducing sunspots, is a natural, cheap and highly effective mask. In addition to soothing the skin, it also helps to fade dark spots on the skin.
- Baking soda, which has a softening effect on the skin, helps to get rid of microorganisms on the skin thanks to its antibacterial properties. It moisturizes the skin and prevents redness on the skin.
- The baking soda mask, prepared by using water, 1 teaspoon of fresh yeast and 1 teaspoon of baking soda, eliminates black spots and tightens the pores. With the carbonate mask, which is suitable for all skin types, a soft and oil-balanced skin texture is obtained.
- The carbonate vinegar mask, prepared with baking soda, water and vinegar, opens the pores on the skin and removes dead cells with its peeling effect. In addition, the baking soda mask is one of the most suitable masks for acne.
- Baking soda applied by massaging the scalp eliminates the problem of hair dandruff.
- The carbonate milk mask, which is prepared using 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 1 tablespoon of milk, is regularly applied to the knee and elbow area every day and washed after about 10 minutes. Thanks to this mask, darkening in the knee and elbow area can be eliminated.
- The potato carbonate mask, prepared by using 1 teaspoon of raw potato juice, 1 teaspoon of strained yogurt and 1 teaspoon of baking soda, helps to remove the spots on the skin.
What Does a Baking Soda Mask Do?
Carbonate, which is widely used in cleaning the skin, hair and teeth, is a preferred substance in the cosmetic world due to its high sodium content.
- The carbonate mask, which purifies the skin tissue from toxic substances, harmful bacteria, oil and dead cells, also provides the natural pH balance of the skin.
- The carbonate mask, which provides a smooth appearance and a vibrant bright texture to the skin, prevents blackheads and acne. Masks that open clogged pores and prevent their re-clogging are very effective for acne-prone and acne-prone skin. In order for the baking soda to show these effects, the skin must be cleaned and dried, as in all other skin masks.
- The presence of nail polish and polish on the nails for a long time causes the nails to turn yellow. Cleaning the nails with a mask mixed with beer peroxide and carbonate prevents this yellowing.
- The mixture prepared with baking soda and lemon juice is sufficient to make the teeth brighter and whiter. When you brush your teeth regularly with a mixture of 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 3-4 drops of lemon juice, you can have white and healthy teeth.
- Before the pedicure process, 1 teaspoon of soda added to the feet waiting in the water ensures the removal of the dead skin layer and at the same time eliminates the foot odor.
- For people who suffer from underarm sweating, using a piece of baking soda after applying deodorant both reduces sweating and eliminates the smell of sweat.
How Often Should Carbonate Mask Be Made? How Long Should It Wait?
Before applying the baking soda mask, the skin must be cleaned and dry. In order for the baking soda to have a peeling effect, there must be no foreign matter on the skin. It is important that the prepared mask is applied to the skin without waiting for it to show its effect.
It may not show the expected effect by losing its pending mask feature. After applying the mask, it is sufficient to wait for a maximum of 15-20 minutes. Keeping it for longer periods of time may cause skin irritation. The carbonated mask, which is applied to the skin with light and soft movements, should be applied to the chin and cheeks, lastly to the forehead, with finger movements starting from the neck and upwards.
Keeping the facial muscles still, not speaking, not making gestures and not opening the eyes increase the effectiveness of the carbonate mask. It is appropriate to dry after washing with warm water and then to use a moisturizer suitable for the skin type.
The carbonate mask, which is purified from the skin with soft movements without rubbing, should be cleaned with the help of cotton moistened with warm water if it leaves dry residues on the skin. Applying a baking soda mask 1-2 times a week is sufficient.
Side Effects of Baking Soda Mask
Carbonate mask, which is widely used due to its benefits on the skin, can cause an allergic reaction, although it is rare. People with carbonate allergy may experience blue skin coloration, hives, redness, swelling, itching, throat closure, cough, difficulty in breathing, fever, wheezing and paralysis.
In case of carbonate allergy, which can reach dangerous dimensions, a health institution should be consulted. Excessive use of baking soda mask for teeth can cause damage to tooth enamel. It is recommended that those with sensitive skin use the baking soda mask carefully.