How to Identify Genuine Olive Oil? 5 Tips
Indispensable for our tables and adding flavor to the taste of our meals, olive oil is indispensable for kitchens. The secret of many delicious and qualified dishes is actually made possible with natural and properly used olive oil. Well, if you are wondering if there is a way to increase this taste even more, you should definitely read these tips we have arranged for you!
Olive oil, which embarks on a journey starting from the producer and is presented to the consumer by paying attention to the minimum processing of its natural state in this process, thus becomes a more delicious and healthier oil. Especially in recent years, with the effect of external factors and changing production styles, more organic foods are preferred, and experts also direct the consumer to the healthiest one. Just like olive oil!
If you are looking for answers to questions such as how to test genuine olive oil, what color is genuine olive oil, and if you are looking for tips to understand a good olive oil at a glance, this article is for you! Here are golden tips to distinguish genuine olive oil!
1) Price Ratio High
- One of the most distinctive features of genuine olive oil is the high price ratio.
- You can understand more natural and healthier olive oil, especially when compared to other olive oils on the market, by looking at its price.
- Although genuine olive oil prices are expensive for the consumer, you can find the most suitable olive oil for your budget by researching different brands.
- If your budget is not enough for genuine olive oil, it is better not to choose olive oils below a certain price.
2) Does Genuine Olive Oil Freeze?
- In fact, there is often no clear answer to the question of whether genuine olive oil will freeze.
- According to the information given by the experts, natural olive oil does not undergo chemical processes and processes such as refining. Thanks to the high molecular compounds in its content, it reaches our tables.
- Because of these compounds, real olive oil starts to become granular and jelly in the refrigerator or in environments where the temperature drops below 100 degrees.
- Olive oil, which has been waiting at low temperature for a long time, freezes and when it enters a normal room temperature, it returns to its original state without losing its properties.
3) Taste Difference
- One of the most distinctive features that distinguishes genuine olive oil from normal olive oil is the taste it leaves in the mouth.
- Genuine olive oil, which you can often distinguish just by tasting it, contains a little acid in its content.
- Thanks to this acid and the unique aroma of olive oil, if the olive oil you taste causes a slight burning in your throat, you have found the real olive oil!
- At the same time, if the real olive oil that spreads in your mouth leaves a bitterness and astringency on the back of your tongue, you can easily choose this olive oil.
4) The Power of Smell
- Just like the difference in taste, smell is among the indispensable features of a good and genuine olive oil.
- Genuine olive oil usually preserves its original form as much as possible, since it has not undergone any intense chemical processing.
- For this reason, genuine olive oil has a much more fresh and fruity smell.
- If you get an extremely heavy, bitter and intense smell from the olive oil you prefer, it probably won’t be a real olive oil.
5) Minor Density Cheats
- There are actually tiny tricks to understanding a genuine olive oil. Just like testing your density!
- There are many methods you can use for this. However, if you want to understand whether olive oil is real or not at the first stage, we recommend that you compare it with water.
- If there is olive oil that comes to the top between the water and olive oil that you fill in a tea glass in equal proportions, it is genuine oil.
- If your oil is fake, it may still float above the water. The point you need to pay attention to here will be to see if the olive oil bubbles.
- Genuine olive oil stays on the water by creating bubbles.
Before I forget!
- It is not possible to understand whether the olive oil is genuine by looking at its color.
- Especially in recent years, due to the increase in cheats applied on foods, many features are imitated exactly and can mislead the consumer.
- Therefore, if you want to buy a genuine olive oil, we recommend you to apply the other methods we have just mentioned.