How to Dry Figs? 2 Methods with Detailed Pictures
Dried figs are a food that can be consumed with pleasure in all seasons. Dried figs, which are a healthy snack for many people thanks to their health benefits, are frequently consumed in our country. Dried figs, which are mentioned in the making of Ashura and in the content of various desserts, are also closely related to the health of men and women. Dried figs are also known as a vitamin and mineral store, which regulates hormones and allows you to have a better quality of life.
Dried figs, which you can choose to regulate your intestinal activities, will accelerate your metabolism during the diet period. When you soak dried figs in a glass of water overnight, you should know that this water is a health elixir.
So, what is the process of dried figs that come to your table? How is it dried naturally? Let us explain the drying adventure of figs, which are very useful both in their wet and dry form, on this page.
We will answer the question of how to dry fresh figs, step by step, for those who think about how to dry figs and what kind of processes are needed at home. Let’s get rid of the worry of how to dry figs without worms in order to have a long life. Those who want to dry figs with natural methods will learn a lot from this page!
How to Dry Fresh Figs Easily at Home?
1) Drying Figs in the Sun
The first of the answers to the question of how to dry fresh figs will be the method of drying in the sun. This method is widely applied in areas that see the sun very often. Here is the step-by-step method of drying fresh figs in the sun :
- First, choose figs that are firm and not rotten.
- Wash the selected figs well and wait for the water to drain.
- You can cut the long stems if you wish.
- You can cut the washed and drained figs in half lengthwise and dry them.
- Now prepare the ground for the figs by laying thin tulle on a baking wire or a clean wire.
- On the tulle, arrange the figs regularly, with space between the figs.
- We recommend that you lay a thin tulle on the figs that you will dry under the sun. In hot weather, you must cover the fig with fine tulle to protect it from flies and dust. Thus, you can dry figs in more hygienic conditions.
- Figs need to wait in a sunny position. When you try this method, the figs will be dry between 5 and 7 days.
- If you are wondering how to dry green figs, you can try this method and get a perfect result.
2) Drying Figs in the Oven
1) Wash the Figs
- Are you wondering how to dry figs in the oven? Then you can start by washing the figs first.
- Washing figs allows them to last longer and dry in clean conditions.
- Keep the washed figs in a strainer and let it drain excess water.
2) Cut the Figs
- If you want to dry the figs in the oven, if the figs are too big, you can cut them in half.
- You can cut the figs in half vertically and move on to the next process.
3) Place on Tray
- Since you will dry the figs in the oven, you need to place them on the baking tray.
- Instead of placing the figs directly on the tray, you can place the figs on the wire. Thus, the figs will not stick to the tray during drying.
- You should pay attention to the fact that there is a space of 2 cm between the figs.
4) Bake for 10 Hours
- You washed the figs, cut them and carefully placed them on the tray. Now it’s time for drying.
- You will need a long time for this process. First, set the oven to a temperature of 46 degrees and let it heat up.
- Send the figs in the tray to the oven and let them stay in the oven for at least 10 hours.
- Since there will be a certain temperature in the oven, you should leave the oven door slightly open during this process. For this, you can put a spoon between the lid and the oven.
- You can change the direction of the figs from time to time and let all their surfaces dry.
- If there is no liquid flow from the figs after 10 hours, your figs are dry.
How to Store Dried Figs?
- Dried fruits have a structure suitable for spoilage. It must be stored in very good conditions to prevent deterioration.
- Let us remind you to preserve the fig in these lines where you will answer the question of how to dry and store the figs in your mind.
- Dried figs should be kept away from moisture and high temperature.
- In sudden temperature changes, figs can become damp and moldy.
- You can store dried figs for a long time in a glass jar in a cool and dry environment.
- You can also add 1-2 bay leaves into the jar to protect it from insects. Bay leaf is a good method against insect infestation.
- If you are going to consume dried figs in a short time; You can keep it in the refrigerator for up to 15 days.
- For long consumptions, you can choose cool and dry cabinets.