How to Clean Kitchen Cabinets? 6 Easy Tricks
Kitchen cabinet cleaning is one of the absolute cleanings of every home. Kitchens that are used many times during the day can accumulate dirt and grease over time. It is necessary to clean not only the countertop but also the cabinets in the kitchen. We recommend that you give importance to the cleaning of the kitchen cabinets in order to make cleaner and more hygienic meals. Otherwise, working under oil-spattered and stained kitchen cabinets will not give you pleasure.
If you want a more comfortable working environment and a fresh-smelling kitchen, you can try the information we will give you at home now. If you are wondering how to clean white, glossy, oily, or wooden kitchen cabinets, you can start reading our hygiene-smelling article!
1) Prepare Cleaning Materials First
Before you start cleaning kitchen cabinets, you need to complete the necessary preparations for cleaning. For this:
- Start emptying the cabinets to be cleaned. Vacuum the inside of the completely empty cabinet with a vacuum cleaner. With this application, you can destroy even the smallest crumbs.
- Take the materials such as paper left between the cabinet boards in your hand and ensure that the interior of the cabinet is completely empty.
- In order to protect your health and not to damage your skin, we recommend that you use gloves together with the mask.
- Now let’s take a look at the information that will make the cabinet shelves and doors clean!
2) Use a Dishwashing Liquid – Vinegar Mixture
You will get an answer to the question of how to clean glossy kitchen cabinets with the mixture you will get from dishwashing detergent and vinegar. What you need to do for cleaner and new-looking cabinets is very simple!
- Mix some dish soap with a teaspoon of vinegar in a large bowl. Add water according to the area you will use and mix again.
- Take this cleaning water you have prepared with a sponge and clean the dirty cabinet doors or shelves by rubbing.
- When cleaning, be careful to use the soft part of the sponge. If you clean with the wire part, there is a high chance that your cabinet will be scratched.
3) Get rid of oils with Arabian Soap
Arabic soap is a type of soap that is frequently used in household cleaning and personal care. It is also the easiest answer to the question of how to clean oiled kitchen cabinets.
- If you are going to use liquid Arabian soap, you should mix it with some water and use it. If you prefer to use bar soap, you will have to grate the soap and mix it with hot water.
- Take the prepared cleaning water mixed with Arabian soap with the help of a cloth. Clean the cabinets that need to be cleaned by rubbing them with this water. Due to the effect of Arabian soap, you can remove the oils from the cabinet in a short time.
4) Remove Dirt with Baking Soda – Apple Cider Vinegar Mix
In homes that have been used for a long time, kitchen cabinets begin to age and turn yellow. In this case, the question of how to clean yellowing kitchen cabinets arises. This question has a refreshing answer too!
- To show and clean yellowed kitchen cabinets at their best, add a cup of apple cider vinegar and 2 packets of baking soda to a bowl of warm water. Mix this mixture well.
- When you use the dish sponge, clean the cabinets with circular movements. Then give the final touch with a damp cloth.
- You can easily clean kitchen cabinets with baking soda and apple cider vinegar. You can try this method to clean the cabinet door, shelves and surfaces in the best way.
5) Feel the Cleaning Effect of Toothpaste
Those who only clean their mouths with toothpaste can also engage in kitchen cleaning after this information. So how to clean white kitchen cabinets using toothpaste?
- Pour warm water into a small bowl. Squeeze a tablespoon of toothpaste onto the water and mix until it dissolves completely.
- Dip the sponge or cloth you will use in cleaning the kitchen cabinet in this water and remove it.
- The cleaning agents in the toothpaste will clean the grease and stains in the cabinets in seconds.
- At the last stage of cleaning, clean the surface of all cabinets from the mixture with a damp cloth.
- With this method, you can create a clean smell in the cabinet.
6) Polish the Cabinet Doors with Machine Polisher
- Those who see the success of the rinse aid produced for the dishwasher in cleaning the cabinet doors cannot forget this method again.
- If you have kitchen cabinets that often show fingerprints, you can get a sparkling look by using dishwasher polish.
- Prepare a soft cloth to avoid scratching the cabinet doors. Pour a cap of dishwasher rinse aid over this cloth.
- Wipe all covers thoroughly with the cloth in your hand. Fingerprints and stains on the wiped area will be removed in seconds.
- Note that you can also clean the inside of the cabinet using this method. You can adjust the detergent dose according to the amount of cabinet and polish more surfaces.
- If you wish, you can try this application every week, or whenever the stains draw attention.
- You can clean every cabinet in your home by using dishwasher polish.