How to Bake Pumpkin? In Cubes, In Pan, In Oven
Baking pumpkin is fun to do and delicious too. Only removing the seeds is a bit of a job, but you can also bake them. Pumpkin is a real autumn and winter vegetable that you can do a lot with. It has a nice sweet taste and is eaten by more and more people.
Baking pumpkin. Cut the pumpkin into cubes or slices and remove the seeds. Brush the pumpkin with olive oil and add herbs such as thyme, rosemary, garlic or fresh pepper. Bake in a pan for about 8 minutes and in the oven for about 35-45 minutes. Prick with a fork to check if it is cooked. Add salt and pepper and you’re done.
You can do a lot with pumpkin, you can make delicious dishes with it. That is why we have written several blogs about pumpkin. The blog about making butternut squash soup is highly recommended. There are delicious dishes for a tasty soup.
Baking With Pumpkin
Pumpkin is a vegetable that you can bake with. Baking gives it a wonderfully soft, sweet, creamy taste.
You don’t need much preparation because you can eat a lot of the pumpkin. So you can eat the seeds. These will get nice and crispy during baking and you can use them in soup or salad. However, the pits are usually removed before baking.
You can also bake the pumpkin with skin. Mind you, you can bake the organic pumpkin with skin. The non-organic pumpkin has had all kinds of chemical pesticides and you should not eat this skin. If you still want to eat it with the peel, make sure you wash the pumpkin well under the tap. You should also do the same with the organic pumpkin.
Now you can decide for yourself what you want to bake. You can slice and bake the pumpkin or cut it into cubes and bake it. Add tasty herbs and other seasonings and you create a delicious dish. For inspiration, you can read our blog about pumpkin seasoning, which will inspire you to make a tasty dish.
Baking pumpkin cubes
The first inspiration I want to give you in baking pumpkin in cubes. This can be done in the pan and of course in the oven. These cubes are an ideal replacement for the traditional potato.
The pumpkin is ready in the pan. They are ready in 8 minutes. If you want a little more bite, bake them shorter. What are you going to do in the kitchen?
- Cut the pumpkin into even cubes, so they have the same cooking time.
- Place the pan on the heat source on a medium heat and heat the olive oil.
- Put the pumpkin cubes in the pan and fry for 3 minutes. Shake the pan occasionally.
- After 3 minutes, add salt and pepper and a few sprigs of thyme or rosemary. This will give your pumpkin a fuller taste.
- Now continue baking and pierce the pumpkin with a fork to check if they are cooked. The fork should go in easily.
Remove the sprigs of thyme and/or rosemary from the pan and serve your pumpkin in a nice bowl. Instead of rosemary or thyme, you can also fry two crushed cloves of garlic or half a fresh pepper. This gives more spice to the pumpkin.
For baking in the oven we make larger cubes. The blocks are approximately 3 x 3 centimeters. The smaller the cubes, the shorter the baking time. What are you going to do next in the kitchen?
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Now cut the pumpkin into cubes and drizzle with olive oil.
- Now put the pumpkin cubes in the oven dish and add 3 halved thyme sprigs to the oven dish.
- Finely chop 2 cloves of garlic and put this in the oven dish as well. Finally smoked paprika powder in the dish.
- Mix everything together. You can of course add olive oil if it is too dry. The pumpkin should be oily.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake the pumpkin for 30 minutes.
- Stir the pumpkin occasionally and prick the pumpkin with a fork to check if they are cooked.
- Remove the dish from the oven and add a little more salt and remove the thyme sprigs.
Your dish is now ready to be served. Delicious with autumn/winter vegetables such as kale or Brussels sprouts.
Pumpkin Baking Pan
Instead of cubes, you can also bake the pumpkin in writing in the pan. This is not common because you usually need several pans. If you are going to bake in the pan, then this is what you will do in the kitchen.
- Cut the pumpkin into even thick slices, they will be cooked at the same time.
- Place the pan on the heat source and add olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add 2 tsp. dried thyme and 2 tsp. Add dried parsley and fry it.
- Turn the slices regularly to prevent them from browning.
- Pierce the pumpkin with a fork to check if they are cooked and taste a piece.
- Add salt and pepper at the end if needed.
Your dish is ready to be served. enjoy your meal.
Pumpkin Baking Oven
Pumping discs are ready in the oven without much effort. It takes longer than the blocks because they are of course bigger. What are you going to do in the kitchen?
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Cut the pumpkin into even sized slices.
- Place baking paper on the baking tray and grease both sides of the discs with olive oil.
- Place the pumpkin on the baking paper and disc it with the baking tray in the oven.
- After 35 -45 minutes the pumpkin is ready. Pierce the pumpkin with a fork to check if it is.
- Remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Now serve your dish with delicious Dutch boiled potatoes.