How Many Calories in Salted Peanuts? Benefits
Economic Snack of Family Environment: Salted Peanuts
Salted peanuts are frequently consumed in many environments, especially in entertainment organizations in our country. In environments where it is consumed, conversation is usually not lacking. It can be easily served with many hot or cold, alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages. It is one of the types of cookies that children also love. With all these features, salted pistachio is a friendly nut variety and deserves to be known a little closer with this feature.
What are Salted Peanuts?
- Salted peanuts are actually a slightly processed version of peanuts.
- Salted peanuts, which have been consumed as a food source in almost every region of the world since ancient times, are obtained by roasting peanuts with water, flour, salt and lemon salt.
- Peanut is a rich and delicious member of the legumes family, which contains oil, protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals in its seed.
- It is used in high quantities both in the oil industry and in the production of snacks and is consumed all over the world. The product in question can be kept intact for a long time in a dry and cool place, especially after the drying process is completed.
- In this way, it becomes possible to benefit from many benefits of peanuts, which are extremely important for human health, throughout the year.
Salted Peanuts Calories and Nutritional Value
When it comes to nutritional values, salted peanuts have quite striking numbers:
- An average of 570 calories is found in 100 grams of salted peanuts. When you consume enough and regular peanuts depending on the amount of calories mentioned, it will return you energy and high performance in your work and private life during the day.
- The protein value of 160 grams of salted peanuts is 40.2 (g),
- Carbohydrate value is 14.8 (g),
- The amount of fat is calculated as 77.5 (g).
- Salted peanuts, which are extremely rich in protein, calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, phosphorus, folate, iron, zinc and fiber, stand out with their calorie content.
- Due to the high calorie content of salted peanuts, it is beneficial for people with a sedentary life to consume it in moderation.
What is the Benefit of Salted Peanuts?
- It contains unsaturated fatty acids, which are the best source of essential fatty acids that are vital for the human body.
- Thanks to the vitamins B1 and B3 it contains, it helps to balance blood sugar.
- It is beneficial for heart health.
- Significantly increases sexual desire.
- It strengthens the mind by accelerating blood circulation. Thus, it enables brain functions such as learning, understanding and comprehension to be performed more quickly and easily.
- It helps in regulating cholesterol.
- It is effective in relieving both physical and mental fatigue.
- If you have kidney or gallbladder problems, salted peanuts are also good for pain caused by these two organs.
- It has good anti-inflammatory properties for the lungs. It helps you to get rid of your cough and soften your chest, if any, to overcome the disease more easily.
- Another substance among the benefits of salted peanuts is its ability to prevent blood clotting.
- Thanks to the calcium minerals it contains, it helps the body to successfully perform its functions such as muscle strength and nerve transmission.
- It is one of the effective nutrients in protecting against cancer cases, which are widely seen all over the world today, depending on many different factors.
- If you smoke and / or consume alcohol, you can protect yourself against the negative effects of these two on your body by consuming salted peanuts.
- Finally, salted peanut oil is known as the closest oil to olive oil today and is used for this purpose.
Does Salted Peanuts Build Weight?
After the benefits, it’s time to answer one of the most common questions: Does salted peanuts make you gain weight?
- In addition to being a good source of protein, salted peanuts, which are considered a natural source in terms of many vitamins and minerals, have a very high fat content.
- Accordingly, if you have a goal of losing weight in the short term, it will be in your best interest not to underestimate the weight gaining effect of salted peanuts when it comes to excessive consumption.
- However, if you consume salted peanuts in a certain amount on a daily basis, they will keep you full thanks to the fiber, healthy fats and protein they contain. The feeling of fullness helps you reduce what you eat.
- On the other hand, you can easily burn the fat you get from salted peanuts. Because your body can convert the monounsaturated fats in peanuts into energy very quickly.
- By not exaggerating the frequency and amount of consumption, you can keep yourself away from some bad consequences such as gaining weight or getting acne in the same way, which can be harmful to salted peanuts.
- However, it is useful to consult an expert before including this snack in your meals, especially if you are on any diet.
- Salted peanuts are the type of food you can consume as a complete protein store. If you want to consume foods that will support the baby’s weight gain during pregnancy; You can eat moderate amounts of salted peanuts throughout the day. Because this nut will provide protein supplement to the baby.
- However, since the amount of salt is high, it can also cause edema in the mother. Let’s make a note for pregnant women who consume salted peanuts: Salted peanuts should be consumed in moderation and drinking plenty of water during the day should not be neglected.
Where and How Do Salted Peanuts Grow?
- Today, the total peanut export figures in the world are extremely high. More than half of this export is carried out by America, which dedicates 0.6 million hectares of its land to this product.
- Pistachio, which is grown especially in the state of Texas in the USA, is also found in high quantities in China, India, Nigeria and Senegal.
- Most of the peanut production in Turkey takes place in the Mediterranean Region. Major producer cities include Adana, Gaziantep, Hatay, Kahramanmaraş and Aydın.
- The development period of the tropical belt and loose structured, light-textured soil-loving peanuts may vary according to the type.
- While 90 to 100 days is sufficient for early maturing varieties, there are also pistachio varieties that need 150 to 180 days.
- In our country, the planting activities of peanuts start towards the middle of April.
- Irrigation is done by furrow method.
- As a result of the researches, it was concluded that the most suitable irrigation period for peanut cultivation is to be irrigated 13 times at 10-day intervals. In addition, the first irrigation should be started one month after the planting date and should be stopped approximately 1 month before the harvest date.
- When the harvest time comes, it is observed that the leaves of the peanuts turn yellow and the seeds reach the ideal size and become darker.
- The picking process can be done with the peanut removing apparatus specially produced for this work, or it can be collected by shovel or by hand.
- Storing peanuts in shell is the most correct storage method for the product.
- Humidity should not be more than 7 – 8% for the shelled peanuts to be stored, and 60% in the warehouse.
How to Make Salted Peanuts in the Home Kitchen?
- You can buy salted peanuts ready-made from many stores and shops, or you can prepare them at home.
- Especially when it comes to nutrition, why not make your own peanuts at a time when we tend to natural and homemade everything?
- In this way, it becomes possible to adjust the salt and roasting amount of peanuts according to your own health, desire and needs.
- In addition, thanks to this, the price of salted peanuts can decrease to slightly more affordable amounts.
So, How to Roast Salted Peanuts?
For homemade salted peanuts, you can first buy fresh peanuts from dried nut wholesalers, herbalists or any other place you trust. You can make salted peanuts in the oven in a very practical way with materials that can always be found at home. In this way, you can enjoy the pleasure of producing your own salted peanuts and eat the product you have obtained with peace of mind and pleasure. You can take a look at the recipe on our website to obtain salted peanuts with your own means.