How Many Calories in Raisins | Nutritional Value of Raisins
The annual production amount of grape fruit, which has the opportunity to grow in different climates and soil types, is 65 million tons all over the world. This plant, which adapts to climatic conditions in a wide geographical area and bears fruit, is so fertile that this surplus is utilized by drying, a method that can be consumed in all seasons.
Turkey, on the other hand, ranks first in the world in raisin production. Of course, this is something to be proud of. The dried grapes, which grow mostly on the Aegean coasts in our country, are just as useful and nutritious as themselves. As such, we frequently use grapes, which we have easy access to all over the country, on their own or in desserts such as different cakes and cookies, and in dried fruit plates.
Well, do raisins, which we have the opportunity to consume so widely, make you gain or lose weight? Is it on a diet? How many calories in raisins? All the details are waiting for you in the rest of the article, have a pleasant reading!
How Many Calories in Raisins?
The iron ratio among the nutritional values of raisins makes it one of the most natural remedies for anemia. Did you know that the high antioxidant in the kernel protects the human body from the side effects of environmental pollution? At the same time, raisin juice obtained by boiling acts as a detox for edema and toxins accumulated in the body. Raisins, which are obtained by drying the water in the content of fresh grapes, which cure skin, eye health, cardiovascular diseases, cholesterol and many other ailments, also have a high sugar content.
In addition to being relatively high in calories and sugar, raisins, which contain fiber and can be easily stored in mini storage containers, have a satiating feature in snacks that you can take wherever you want. You can also turn the amount of sugar into an advantage in order to suppress your sweet cravings during the day.
So how many calories in raisins? Here are the calorie values of raisins with all the details:
- How many calories in 1 handful of raisins? 1 handful (30 g) of raisins 91 kcal
- How many calories in 100 g of raisins? 1 tea glass (100 g) raisins 304 kcal
- 1 cup (200 g) of raisins 608 kcal
- How many calories in a tablespoon of raisins? 1 tablespoon (10 g) of raisins 30 kcal
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) raisins 15 kcal
- 1 medium bowl (150 g) raisins 456 kcal
- 1 piece (2 g) raisins 6 kcal
Nutritional Value of Raisins
Raisins are among the foods that you can consume with peace of mind in the fight against ferritin deficiency, with its energy-giving side and especially the iron content in its content. If you need to examine the nutritional value of 100 grams of raisins closely;
- Carbs: 66.77 g
- Fat: 1.28 g
- Protein: 3g
- Fiber: 3.42 g
- Sodium: 9mg
- Potassium: 813 mg
- Calcium: 50mg
- Iron: 1.9
How Many Calories in White or Yellow Raisins?
The calorie values of yellow raisins, also known as white, obtained by drying light-colored grapes are as follows:
- 1 handful (40 g) of yellow raisins 122 kcal
- 1 tablespoon (10 g) of yellow raisins 30 kcal
- 1 medium bowl (120 g) of yellow raisins 365 kcal
- 100 grams of yellow raisins 304 kcal
How Many Calories in Raisins with Seeds? (Black Grape)
Black raisins, which are a rich source of iron, fiber, potassium, folic acid and vitamin C, also known as Antep black or Kilis black, have seeds. So, let’s examine how many calories in black raisins:
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) of seeded black raisins 47 kcal
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) seeded black raisins 16 kcal
- 100 grams of black raisins with seeds 312 kcal
- How many calories in 1 handful of black raisins? 1 handful (15 g) black raisins with seeds 47 kcal
Does Raisin Make You Gain Weight? Does it weaken?
- The reason why raisins cause concerns about weight gain is that it is a high-calorie nut.
- Since it is obtained by drying the juicy grape fruit, it is also rich in sugar. However, 2 tablespoons of raisins can replace 1 fruit per day.
- 2 tablespoons of raisins is 61 calories. Being small and light, it can be carried easily. Thus, during the day, when you are out, at school or at work, when you are hungry or when you want to eat something sweet, you can both suppress your hunger with raisins and satisfy your sweet needs due to its sugary structure and gain energy.
- In this respect, it can be consumed as a diet snack. In addition, raisins contain fiber.
- In other words, you can prefer raisins, which contain natural sugar, as a snack instead of fatty and high-sugar snacks, as it will create a feeling of satiety in the stomach.
- It is also rich in minerals such as folic acid, iron, potassium and magnesium. In other words, if it is consumed considering its caloric value, it will not gain weight, but on the contrary, it will also cure your problems such as fatigue, anemia, and low energy.
- If you overdo it while eating, of course, your question will be answered positively if raisins make you gain weight.
- There is no definite answer that can be given to the question of whether raisins weaken. Because we can say that raisins do not have a feature such as weakening or burning fat.
- There are opinions that especially water accelerates digestion, which can cure your problems such as constipation or bloating. In addition, its fiber and vitamin structure will help you stay full for a long time by eating less.
- If your hand goes to unhealthy snacks, prepare a snack bowl with lots of raisins in it and consume it in case of hunger.
- You can also prepare diet desserts with raisins without using sugar, it goes well with your herbal teas during the slimming process 😉