How Many Calories in Chickpeas?
Chickpea, known as garbanzo beans, is a type of legume that is frequently used in our country and evaluated in different dishes. The most well-known chickpea is the beige one. Along with the beige color, there are also red, black and green chickpeas. Chickpea, each variety of which is full of different healing properties, is a satisfying and nutritious food.
Chickpea is used in various rice menus, meat and juicy dishes, salads, hummus and various soups in Turkish cuisine. Adding a different flavor to every meal, chickpea is the enemy of diabetes and heart diseases. Since it contains many minerals, its effect on muscle and bone development is quite high. With the advantage of its fibrous structure, it protects and regulates the intestinal system. We are here to provide you with chickpea calorie information, which has many benefits. If you are doing portion control, the question of how many calories are in chickpeas may occur in your mind. Let’s share with you the answer to this question as the Nefis Recipes team:
How Many Calories in Chickpeas?
Chickpea is a legume with high nutritional value. For this reason, bread should not be consumed in the meals it is consumed. When chickpeas and bread are consumed at the same time, the amount of calories will be quite high. Now how many calories in 100 g of chickpeas? How many calories in a bowl of chickpeas? and how many calories in 1 serving of chickpeas? Let’s answer your questions:
- 1 cup of chickpeas is 50 grams. It contains 180 calories.
- 1 tea glass of chickpeas is 60 grams. It is 216 calories.
- 1 cup of chickpeas is 120 grams and has 432 calories.
- 100 grams of chickpeas is 360 calories.
- 1 bowl of chickpeas is 200 grams and has 720 calories.
Nutritional Value of Chickpeas
Chickpea, which is an important source of vegetable protein in vegan and vegetarian diets, is known for its satiating feature. When the nutritional value table of chickpeas is examined closely, we see that it is a food rich in iron and calcium as well as its protein content. The nutritional value of 100 grams of chickpeas is as follows:
- Carbs: 61 g
- Protein: 20.5 g
- Fat: 4.8 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Calcium: 150mg
- Iron: 6.9
How Many Calories in Chickpea Meal?
Chickpea dish is one of the most delicious dishes of Anatolian cuisine. Slowly cooked chickpeas with cubed meat leave a delicious taste on the palate when dispersed in the mouth. Chickpea meal, which is a complete protein source, is at the point where some attention should be paid in terms of calories. It is equivalent to 1 slice of bread and 2 meatballs. For this reason, we will now share with you how many calories in chickpeas with and without meat. We examined the chickpea dish, which is consumed lovingly, for those who do portion control. How many calories is the chickpea dish with meat, chickpeas, onions, tomato paste and spices?
Meat Chickpea Meal
- 1 tablespoon of chickpeas with meat 32 calories
- Quarter plate of chickpeas with meat 79 calories
- Half a plate of chickpeas with meat 158 calories
- A full plate of 200 grams of chickpea with meat 317 calories
- 1 serving of chickpeas with meat contains 285 calories.
Meatless Chickpea Meal
- 1 tablespoon of meatless chickpeas 23 calories
- 250 grams of small portion meatless chickpea meal 381 calories
- 400 grams large portion meatless chickpea meal 610 calories
- A medium serving of 86 grams contains 132 calories.
How Many Calories in Chickpea Salad?
Chickpea salad, prepared with boiled chickpeas and vegetables, is enjoyed in many cuisines. Since it is a hearty and delicious salad, it can also be consumed as a main meal in diets. When you want to consume chickpea salad with the least calories, you can add sumac instead of salt. In addition, you can make a healthy choice when the fat content is at the lowest level.
- 1 tablespoon of chickpea salad: 24 calories
- A small bowl of chickpea salad. 110 calories
- Medium bowl of chickpea salad: 220 calories
- A large bowl of chickpea salad: 330 calories.
- How many calories in 100 grams of boiled chickpeas with vegetables: 122 calories.
How Many Calories in Chickpea Rice?
Chickpea and rice duo, known as the night snack of Istanbul and many cities, has been among the street flavors for years. Chicken has a flavor that can compete with rice. No matter how much time passes, there will be food lovers who cannot give up the taste of chickpeas and rice. When you have some pickled peppers and some ayran, most people cannot resist this flavor. For those who are wondering about the calorie information of chickpea rice, one of the legendary tastes:
- 1 tablespoon of chickpea rice 25 calories
- Small bowl serving 169 calories
- Medium bowl serving 254 calories
- Half a plate of chickpea rice 127 calories
- 100 grams of chickpea rice is 169 calories.
How Many Calories in Chickpea Soup?
Chickpea soup is a type of soup that is preferred in main dishes, made by crushing boiled chickpeas and cooking with various spices. Its appearance is somewhat reminiscent of lentil soup. It is a nutritious and delicious soup option. It’s about the same as 2 slices of bread and a spoonful of fat calories. The calorie information of chickpea soup is:
- 1 scoop is 100 grams and contains 304 calories.
- Small bowl serving recommendation: 213 calories.
- A large bowl serving recommendation is 456 calories.
How Many Calories in White Chickpeas?
White chickpea is a specially produced chickpea used in making chickpeas. We wanted to explain the calorie information of white chickpeas by answering the question of how many calories in snack chickpeas:
- 1 handful of white chickpeas 71 calories
- Medium bowl 536 calories
- 714 calories per 200 grams
- 90 grams is 321 calories
- 45 grams is 141 calories.
We said it would not be possible without adding the classic chickpea information that accompanies tea pleasures with its roasted taste and smell, and we calculated the calorie information of the classic chickpeas for you:
- 1 gram of salted chickpeas is 4 calories.
- A medium bowl of salted chickpeas is 587 calories.
- 1 cup of coffee is 78 calories.
- A handful of salted chickpeas is 80 calories.
- Medium bowl of unsalted chickpeas 456 calories,
- 1 cup is 214 calories,
- 1 handful is 54 calories,
- Half a handful is 27 calories,
- 1 coffee cup of unsalted chickpeas equals 55 calories.