How Many Calories in Cheese?
Although there is no definite information about which civilization was first used in history, apart from various opinions, it is certain that cheese can be traced back to ancient times in nutritional rituals. Consumption of milk and dairy products along with animal husbandry as a necessity of the old nomadic life in Anatolian geography is quite common from past to present. As a method used to prolong the storage period of milk, cheese takes its place as an important calcium store that provides the necessary vitamins and minerals for the body in healthy nutrition.
In this article, we are talking about the calorie values of cheese, which is an important source with its rich nutritional values in diet menus as well as a balanced and healthy diet. The nutritional values of cheese according to its types, the calorie rates according to the slice and portion amounts will be waiting for you in the relevant sub-headings, have a pleasant reading!
How Many Calories in Cheese?
As we all know, cheese, which forms the 5th perception in the senses of taste other than bitter, sweet, sour and salty, and thus ranks first among umami tastes, is a solid source of calcium. It is also an indispensable part of the Turkish breakfast culture, which has a considerable variety compared to other countries. Cheese types from white cheese to strained cheese, from melted cheddar to string cheese have different calorie and nutritional values according to their content. Here are the calorie and nutritional values of the curious cheese varieties!
How Many Calories in Feta Cheese?
- Isn’t white cheese the first thing that comes to mind when you think of cheese, and perhaps the most loved one in every kitchen? Although its source is not known, it has been in a corner of our kitchen for many, many years; sometimes in a pastry dough, sometimes in an omelet, sometimes in sandwiches between breadcrumbs…
- Although the nutritional value of white cheese is rich in minerals such as sodium, potassium and calcium; It is also an important source of vitamins A, B2 and B12, zinc, phosphorus and protein.
- In a matchbox-sized slice (30 g) of feta cheese:
- 4.83 g protein
- 384.3 mg sodium
- 30.9 g potassium
- 126.6 mg calcium
- 68.4 iu of vitamin A
- It contains 2.46 grams of carbohydrates.
- Considering that the fat rate is 7.07 g, it would be more appropriate for those who are in the process of weight control to prefer low-fat-semi-fat light white cheese in diet menus.
How many calories in feta cheese according to their amount? For those wondering, here are the answers for full-fat feta cheese:
- 1 medium slice (30 g) feta cheese 93 kcal
- 1 medium portion (150 g) feta cheese 464 kcal
- 1 half slice (15 g) feta cheese 46 kcal
- 100 grams of feta cheese 309 kcal
How many calories in 1 slice of cheese? How many calories in matchbox cheese?
1 slice of cheese (about the size of a matchbox) of average thickness and weight of 30 grams is worth 93 kcal.
Low-fat feta cheese calorie values are as follows:
- 1 half slice (12.5 g) low-fat feta cheese 23 kcal
- 1 thin slice (15 g) low-fat feta cheese 28 kcal
- 1 medium slice (25 g) low-fat feta cheese 46 kcal
How Many Calories in Cheddar Cheese?
- After feta cheese, cheddar cheese is one of the most preferred types of cheese. Cheese toasties, pastries, bagels; cheddar omelettes, oven dishes served with pomegranate fried cheddar cheese, macaroni with cheese, pizzas, meats and more! Let’s see how the nutritional and calorie values of this cheese, which gets longer as it gets longer, while its consistency, which is soft when melted, is appetizing.
- We mentioned the high fat content of feta cheese. When we come to cheddar cheese, we increase this rate a little more, there must be a secret to that taste, right?
- Cheddar cheese, which is usually consumed in thin slices, can be obtained from cow’s or sheep’s milk. If the nutritional values of 1 thin slice (20 g) of cheddar cheese are examined:
- 5.4 g protein, 5.32 g fat
- 129.6 g sodium, 15.6 g potassium
- 133.6 mg of calcium
- 197 iu of vitamin A
- It contains 0.51 g of carbohydrates.
- We would like to remind you that it may be inconvenient to include it in diet menus by stating again that the rate of fat and calories is high.
How many calories in cheddar cheese? For those wondering, here are the calorie values:
- 1 thin slice (20 g) cheddar cheese 71 kcal
- 1 medium cube (10 g) cheddar cheese 35 kcal
- 1 tablespoon (20 g) grated cheddar cheese 71 kcal
- 1 teaspoon (10 g) grated cheddar cheese 35 kcal
- 100 grams of cheddar cheese 353 kcal
- Cheddar omelet, 238 kcal for a medium 100 gram serving
- Cheddar toast, 212 kcal for a medium 70 gram serving
- Cheese Pita, 516 kcal for a medium 215 gram serving
How Many Calories in Curd Cheese?
Curd cheese, which you can easily make in your own kitchen, is also very suitable for omelets, pastries and pastries. If you are in the process of losing weight, you can include curd cheese in your breakfast or use it in your salads. Since its fat and calorie ratio is lower than other cheeses and its protein value is high, it will be beneficial in weight control.
Nutritional values of 1 medium portion (30 g) curd cheese: It contains 4.33 g protein, 210 mg calcium, 0.28 g carbohydrates, 4.69 g fat. How many calories in curd cheese? The values for the full-fat curd cheese, which may answer your question, are as follows:
- 1 medium portion (30 g) curd cheese 61 kcal
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) curd cheese 30 kcal
- 100 grams of curd cheese 202 kcal
Calorie values of light curd cheese, which does not contain oil and salt, are:
- 1 medium portion (30 g) fat-free curd cheese 22 kcal
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) fat-free cottage cheese 11 kcal
- 100 grams of nonfat cottage cheese 72 kcal
How Many Calories in Cottage Cheese?
Intense cottage cheese, which has less water than white cheese, can be preferred in diet menus in terms of calories and nutritional values. It can be consumed with salads or with lean cold cuts in between meals, and thanks to its protein values, the daily meat requirement can be reduced compared to cottage cheese consumption.
Nutritional values of 1 matchbox size medium slice (30 g) cottage cheese: Contains 3.39 g protein, 204 mg calcium, 71.7 iu vitamin A, 1.14 g carbohydrates, 6 g fat. There is no cholesterol in cottage cheese.
How many calories are in cottage cheese, which can be adapted to many recipes using feta cheese and spread on bread? The answers are coming:
- 1 thin slice (20 g) cottage cheese 48 kcal
- 1 medium slice (30 g) cottage cheese 72 kcal
- 1 thick slice (60 g) cottage cheese 144 kcal
- 100 grams of cottage cheese 240 kcal
How Many Calories in Tulum Cheese?
The calorie and nutritional value of Tulum cheese, which can be produced from goat’s milk in Erzincan and İzmir regions and distributed all over the country, may vary according to the type of cheese:
Erzincan Tulum Cheese Calorie Values:
- 1 thin slice (20 g) Tulum cheese 67 kcal
- 1 medium slice (30 g) Tulum cheese 100 kcal
Calorie Values of Izmir Tulum Cheese:
- 1 medium slice (30 g) Tulum cheese 98 kcal
- 100 grams of Tulum cheese 326 kcal