Honey Nutritional Value | How Many Calories in Honey?
Honey, which is one of the contributions of bees to humanity, is among the best foods that you can get vitamin B. The most important feature of honey, which has numerous benefits for health when consumed, is that it strengthens the immune system. Thus, your chances of getting sick are very low. Honey, which is also effective in skin and hair care, will add shine and vitality to the hair when used in various hair masks. It continues to show this excellent feature in the skin mask. You can see that honey is used in the masks that soften your skin and make it lively.
With its sweet and sharp taste, honey, which is consumed in various ways, especially for breakfast, is also high in calories. In this article, we will focus on the calorie content of honey. For those who eat carefully and control weight, “How many calories in honey?” We will answer your question here. If those who are curious are gathered on the page, then we can get started!
How Many Calories in Honey?
There are many types of honey, which makes its name among the high-calorie foods. Pine, anzer, chestnut, flower, thyme and highland flower honey are among these varieties. The most consumed type of honey is highland flower honey. When you start the day by consuming a spoonful of honey, you can meet the vitamins you need to take during the day. For a strong immune system, it is recommended to consume a spoonful of honey every day.
So how many calories will 1 spoon of honey be? The calories in honey can be expressed as:
- 1 gram of honey 3 calories
- 1 teaspoon of honey 9 calories
- 1 teaspoon of honey 15 calories
- 1 tablespoon of honey is 31 calories.
When you consider how many calories in 1 teaspoon of honey while consuming honey in the morning meal, you can remember that there are 9 calories. In addition, when you consume strained honey, you can calculate how many calories in strained honey. We have also made our calculations for filtered honey so that you can eat healthier. In this case, the numbers you will see will be:
- 1 teaspoon of filtered honey 9 calories
- 1 teaspoon of strained honey 15 calories
- Small bottle of filtered honey 684 calories
- Medium bottle of strained honey 1398 calories
- Large strained honey is 2584 calories.
How Many Calories in Honey Cream?
Isn’t it very good to have honey and cream next to the hot breads just bought from the oven? It is the taste that sweetens the palate of delightful breakfasts. Warm bread with honey and cream can be a great choice to start the day full. In addition, cream is one of the foods with high fat content. The calories of honey and cream that you should consume in diet and healthy nutrition programs will be in the following figures:
- 1 tablespoon of honey cream contains 141 calories.
- 1 tablespoon of cream has 90 calories.
For this reason, honey and cream are among the foods that need to be taken into account.
How Many Calories in Butter Honey?
- Butter is an excellent heart friend that contains vitamin A.
- Experts recommend using butter in meals.
- The use of butter in Turkish cuisine begins at breakfast and continues in meals and soups at other meals.
- The most suitable food for breakfast is known as honey.
- 1 teaspoon of honey and butter has 53 calories.
How Many Calories in Honeycomb Honey?
There is not much difference between honeycomb honey and strained honey. To prevent diseases, honey consumption is recommended to relax the respiratory tract. Honeycomb honey is generally consumed in its most natural form in villages and highlands. If you are going to consume honeycomb honey, it is recommended to buy from vendors you trust. There are also honeycomb honeys in the market, in which paraffin is used to fill the honeycombs. The calorie of honeycomb, which is not different from strained honey, is;
- 304 calories in 100 grams of honeycomb,
- 1 tablespoon is calculated as 64 calories.
Honey Nutritional Value
Honey, which protects the body against microbes, is very popular among antioxidant foods. When the nutritional value is examined, you can see the following data. Nutritional values calculated for 1 teaspoon of honey:
- 3.75 grams of carbohydrates,
- 0.02 grams of protein,
- 0.35 mg sodium,
- 2.35 mg of potassium,
- 0.25 mg of calcium,
- 0.12mg of vitamin C
- It contains 0.07 iron.
1 teaspoon of honey can heal you every morning. Do not neglect to consume 1 spoon of honey to prevent diseases and to have a strong body. Experts recommend that adults consume between 60 and 80 grams of honey per day. Excess of this amount is dangerous for health and can cause weight gain.
Does Honey Make You Gain Weight?
- Even the healthiest food can cause weight gain in excess consumption.
- Honey with all its varieties; Since it is among the foods with high calories, it creates a question mark in the minds of dieters.
- Dietitians and experts state that drinking water with honey every morning relaxes the stomach and gives energy throughout the day.
- Honey water, which also creates a feeling of satiety, makes you hungry late.
- Therefore, honey can help you lose weight in the right consumption.
- In case you miss the measure in your meals, the honey you consume will return to your body as fat and weight. Let’s say be careful.
- Therefore, the only thing you need to pay attention to is to consume honey in moderation.