Honey cinnamon rolls: a quick take on baklava
Honey cinnamon rolls
I think baklava is a delicious dish, but it takes some work to make it, because you have to stack and rub the layers on top of each other every time. I have now found a faster way to make a similar dessert. Honey cinnamon rolls!
To make it, use roughly the same ingredients, but instead of a lot of sheets of phyllo dough, use only 2 sheets of phyllo dough per cinnamon roll. Then you roll them up, bake it in the oven on a baking tray and in the meantime make the honey sauce. If you want the sauce to be a bit thicker, let it reduce for longer or use less water.
Honey cinnamon rolls recipe
PREPARATION TIME: 30 min
200 gr walnuts roasted and ground
50 gr sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
12 sheets of phyllo dough defrosted
120 gr butter melted
170 gr of honey
50 gr sugar
120 ml of water
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Mix the ground walnuts, sugar and cinnamon.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo dough on a piece of parchment paper. Spread with butter. Place another sheet of phyllo dough on top and brush with butter again.
- Drizzle with ¼ of the walnut mixture. Roll up; use the parchment paper to make a tight roll. Cut the large roll into 4 smaller rolls. Place these on a baking tray.
- Repeat with the rest of the phyllo dough and bake the rolls until light brown, 14-16 minutes in the oven.
- Let cool on a rack.
- In the meantime, make the syrup in a small saucepan. Put all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and let it simmer for about 5 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle the rolls with the syrup and sprinkle with the remaining walnut mixture.
The stated nutritional value is based on standard tables and therefore an estimated total. No rights can be derived from the information in the nutritional table.