Gymnastics or gymnastics is actually gymnastics. However, gymnastics that is still on the minds of most people is aerobic exercise that uses music.
Gymnastics, What are the Basic Techniques and Benefits?
Aerobic exercise itself is included in the gymnastics sport. In addition to aerobic exercise, gymnastics also includes parkur, rhythmic gymnastics, acrobatic gymnastics, and others.
What is gymnastics ?
Gymnastics or gymnastics is gymnastics that involves various basic movements in sports, such as rolling, jumping, swinging the body, and turning the body.
This sport is a combination of flexibility , muscle strength, and balance training. In addition, this sport also requires agility, speed, and body coordination.
Movements in this sport train several parts of the muscles in the body, namely:
- chest, and
What are the types of gymnastics ?
The International Gymnastics Federation divides gymnastics into several types, the following is an explanation.
Parkur is a sport that is done by moving from one place to another, usually through blocks, walls, and bars.
The techniques used in this sport are crawling, jumping, and running on walls.
2. Gymnastic aerobik
This gymnastic exercise is also known as aerobic exercise . This sport uses music with fast, powerful, dance-like movements.
3. Rhythmic gymnastics
Citing the official Olympic site, this gymnastics sport is only done by women. This gymnastic movement is accompanied by music and is carried out individually or in groups.
The tools used are ropes, large rings, balls, clubs or special sticks, as well as long ribbons.
4. Men’s branch gymnastics
There are six types of men’s sports. The types of male branch gymnastics are distinguished based on the tools used as follows.
- Floor : do not use any tools.
- Pommel horse : a grip embedded in a rectangular bearing.
- Ring : a large dangling ring.
- Vault : a bearing with a special height that must be jumped.
- Parallel bars : two sticks and supports that are installed at a certain height.
- Horizontal bar : one high horizontal stick with two supports on the side.
5. Women ‘s Gymnastics
The daughter branch also has a vault and a floor . However, the women’s branch has only four types of gymnastics, the other two types are different from the men’s branch.
Here are two other tools used in the daughter branch.
- Uneven bars : similar to parallel bars , but the height of the installed bars is not parallel.
- Beam : a long stick that is not too high. Athlete standing and doing gymnastic exercise on it.
6. Trampoline sports
There are four types of trampoline sports .
- Individual : only one person on one trampoline.
- Synchronized trampoline : but other participants move at the same time on different trampolines.
- Double-mini trampoline : one trampoline with two springs and the athlete must jump on both.
- Tumbling : a trampoline that is used as long as 25 meters. Athletes must demonstrate their skills while jumping over the trampoline.
7. Gymnastics acrobatics
This type is done in pairs, threes, or groups. This gymnastics sport uses musical accompaniment and dance designs or choreography.
These are the four categories in the type of acrobatic gymnastics .
- Balanced routines : emphasize balance and flexibility.
- Dynamic routines : the athlete’s body is thrown and floated, then caught.
- Combination routines: gabungan balanced dan dynamic routines.
- Women’s, men’s and mixed doubles.
- Girls and boys group.