Growing Kiwi at Home: 3 Easy Steps
Kiwi is one of the richest foods. This fruit, which tastes very delicious, is ideal for cakes and ice creams. Kiwi has many benefits. Regulating the digestive system and helping you stay fit are just a few of the benefits of kiwi. If you want to grow this healthy and delicious fruit at home, everything you wonder about growing kiwi is on this page.
If you are wondering how to grow kiwi at home, this article is for you. In this article, we explained the step-by-step process of growing kiwi.
Necessary Materials for Growing Kiwi
Before learning how to grow kiwi, you need preliminary preparation. To grow kiwi, you must bring together the necessary materials and carefully carry out the cultivation stages.
Here are the materials you need to grow kiwi:
- Kiwi seeds (Black seeds in kiwi)
- Pot, (Must be the size required for germination. You may need a larger pot after the sprouting stage.)
- Paper towel
- Container (To be used to keep the seeds inside during germination.)
How do I know the right kiwi to grow kiwi?
- In order to grow your kiwi in the best way, you should make sure that the kiwi is organic and ripe.
- If you have chosen your kiwi, you are now ready to move on to the cultivation step.
Growing Kiwi at Home: 3 Easy Steps with Pictures
Kiwi breeding If you want to make these 3 easy steps you can grow your own at home kiwi.
Step 1: Separating Kiwi Seeds from Fruit
- The first step in growing kiwis is to clean the kiwis for germination.
- Clean the seeds with water. You can repeat this step several times to completely clean the seeds.
- After cleaning the kiwis, place the seeds in the container.
- Add warm water to the seeds you placed in the container.
- Soak the seeds in a warm environment throughout the germination process. This can be a warm window sill.
- After 1 week, your seeds will have sprouted.
- During this period, you need to change the water within a certain period of time to prevent bacteria from forming.
Step 2: Germinating Kiwi Seeds
For the kiwi seeds to germinate well:
- Wet the paper towels first.
- Put the paper towel on a plate.
- Place the sprouting kiwi seeds on top of the wet paper towels.
- Cover the seeds with a see-through plastic container and let them sit in a sunny spot.
Step 3 Plant the Sprouting Seed in a Pot
- After the seeds germinate well, you can plant the seeds in pots.
- Make sure the soil is moist before planting the sprouts.
- Sow the seeds about 2 centimeters below the soil.
- Place the seeds 1 to 2 centimeters apart.
- Cover the seeds with soil.
10 Tips You Need When Growing Kiwis
Well, if you are wondering where kiwi grows or can I grow kiwi in my home, you should read the rest of our article.
- Kiwi can be grown in places such as the Black Sea and Marmara Regions, where the elevation from the sea is high, with high precipitation and humidity. If you live in these regions, you are in one of the ideal areas to grow kiwi.
- If you are wondering in which season kiwi grows, kiwi is a winter fruit.
- In order for the kiwi to grow in a quality and healthy way, keep the sapling in the house in a sunny and warm environment for the first 2 years.
- Take care to keep the soil constantly moist.
- If your house is not warm enough, you can close the pots with plastic bottles. This creates a greenhouse effect.
- If you place the seeds in 3 or 4 pots, they will grow more easily.
- Remember to replace the pots with larger ones as your plant grows.
- You need plenty of sun and enough space to turn a kiwi sapling into a tree.
- A slightly acidic soil with a pH between 6 and 6.5 is required for kiwi to grow.
- Regular watering, pruning and fertilization are also very important in order to grow kiwi in a healthy way.