With this easy diet, your intestines will be comfortable and you will get rid of bloating!
If you feel bloated all the time, suffer from gastrointestinal problems, and cannot get rid of problems such as constipation or diarrhea, the solution is an elimination diet basically, it is done by removing the foods that are thought to be not well tolerated by the body from the diet and replacing them with new foods. An important result of this diet, which lasts for 5-6 weeks on average, is to lose weight and remove the edema in your body. However, if it is done carefully and you follow the simple rules…
A diet in which various foods are removed (eliminated) from the diet and then reintroduced into your diet in a controlled manner. General Surgery Specialist Prof. Dr. Oğuzhan Karatepe, elimination diet “although it is called a diet, it does not actually aim to lose weight. The main purpose is to cut all foods that are seen as potential antigens in order to regulate the immune system response in the intestines.” explains as.
HOW LONG DOES THE ELIMINATION DIET LAST?
In elimination diets, the process takes 5-6 weeks. This diet is used to help people with irritable bowel syndrome, food intolerance or food allergies determine which foods have an effect on their symptoms.
HOW MANY WEIGHT CAN BE LOSE WITH THE ELIMINATING DIET?
Weight loss can also be seen as a nice side effect of such diets. However, weight loss varies from person to person. At the beginning of the diets, 5-10 weight loss can be seen within 1-2 weeks, but this is related to the body. During the diet, it is necessary to drink at least 2.5 liters of water per day in accordance with the weight. It should not be taken from sources such as water, coffee, tea, fruit juice. In elimination diets, weight loss occurs much more easily because there are no foods such as corn, soy, processed meat products (salami, sausage, sausage).
WHY IS THE ELIMINATION DIET DONE?
Elimination diets are the gold standard for identifying food intolerances, sensitivities and allergies. In these diets, certain foods that are known to cause many symptoms are eliminated at regular intervals and other foods are replaced. It basically involves removing foods that you think your body doesn’t tolerate well from your diet. As a result of the diet, it is aimed to alleviate symptoms such as bloating, gas, diarrhea, constipation and nausea, and to find foods that may be allergens.
FOODS PROHIBITED IN THE ELIMINATION DIET
Dietitian Selin Hanlıoğlu and General Surgery Specialist Prof. Dr. According to the statements of Oğuzhan Karatepe, the food groups that are prohibited in the elimination diet are as follows:
WHAT IS PROHIBITED IN THE ELIMINATION DIET?
- 1. All sugar and sweeteners (fructose syrup-sucrose-sugar)
- 2. Gluten-containing cereals and flours (wheat-barley-rye)
- 3. Dairy products (cheese-yogurt-milk)
- 4 eggs
- 5. Processed meat products (salami-sausage)
- 6. Shellfish
- 7. Egypt
- 8. Beef
- 9. Soy and products containing soy
- 10. Alcohol – coffee – chocolate
- 11. Peanuts
- 12. New world vegetables such as tomato-pepper-eggplant and potatoes
WHAT TO EAT IN THE ELIMINATION DIET?
To get information about the food groups that are free in the elimination diet, “What to eat in the elimination diet?” If you ask, we can list the food groups that are not prohibited and can be consumed freely as follows:
ELIMINATION DIET SAMPLE MENU, DIET LIST
- 1. Vegetables and fruits other than New World vegetables (prefer organic ones whenever possible)
- 2. Rice (no noodle, rice made with olive oil or plain oil can be eaten)
- 3. All legumes except soy and peanuts are free
- 4. Unroasted raw nuts free (walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts)
- 5. Seed foods (unroasted kernels…)
- 6. Lamb (meat of lambs fed only with milk)
- 7. Fish (in season, small marine fish)
- 8. Poultry (non-GMO organic chicken, if you can find it)
- 9. Gluten-free cereals and similar foods (amarant-quinoa flours)
- 10. Healthy fats: Olive oil –plain oil(natural butter with separated milk by heating)
- 11. Spices (turmeric, ginger, thyme, rosemary, cinnamon)
- 12. Green tea free (For those who can’t stand without black tea, a small amount of light tea can be used)
WRONG ELIMINATION DIET AND THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
If you are considering an elimination diet or want to learn more about it, please consider the following points:
- Since the elimination diet will limit the foods you will take, even for a certain period of time, you should not apply it for too long unless your doctor recommends it, and you should limit it to the time recommended by your doctor or dietitian.
- If a food you include in your diet during this diet has caused discomfort in your body, it should be well determined whether it is psychological or not. Because some people have a general opinion against certain foods, starting to eat them again may cause discomfort in their body, even psychologically. This causes the diet to go out of focus and you don’t understand which foods you actually have a sensitivity to, let’s just say.
- Again, since it has a limited nutrition program, the wrong and uncontrolled application of the elimination diet may cause vitamin or mineral deficiency in the body.
- In short, you should never apply this diet without the knowledge of your dietitian, nutritionist and doctor, as it will create major changes in your nutrition program, especially if you have a chronic illness, a known allergy or regular medications, you should learn whether this diet is suitable for you.
HARMFUL ELIMINATION DIET: WHO SHOULD NOT APPLY?
“You know that not every diet is suitable for everyone. Therefore, diet lists are prepared individually by dietitians. Elimination diets are not for everyone,” said Prof. Dr. Oğuzhan Karatepe, Posta.com.tr readers, “If everyone in a group follows this diet, the health of those with chronic diseases may enter a more risky process. For this, it should be noted that the elimination diet is not suitable for whom, because side effects of this diet may also occur.” and lists who should not do the elimination diet as follows:
- People with heart disease should not try the diet alone if they are on heart medications. You should consult your doctor and find a way.
- Blood pressure patients should definitely get doctor’s approval in order not to disturb the blood pressure balance.
- Likewise, diabetics should consult their doctor, arrange their medications and start this diet.
- It is recommended that those who experience allergies from infancy should follow a diet under the control of a dietitian.
- An elimination diet is not considered appropriate during pregnancy. To clarify this issue, you need to consult your doctor following the pregnancy.