Delicious Easter cake recipe with marzipan
It will only be a little while and then it is Easter again. Even more than other years, I am really looking forward to spring. Let everything turn nice and green! I’m sure that’s going to give a huge boost to their mood for a lot of people. Especially for mine.
Easter is also the time for me to get started baking tasty new recipes. Like this delicious Easter cake that I cover with marzipan.
Cover with marzipan
You can also cover the Easter cake with fondant if you prefer, but personally, I really like marzipan much better. I use two colors here (white and yellow) and I knead this together first. You want the marzipan to be smooth enough to drape over your cake in a minute.
I use powdered sugar for rolling out to prevent the marzipan from sticking to everything. But make sure you use the icing sugar especially at the bottom. Otherwise, the upholstery will look a bit strange. Before I put the marzipan on the cake, I spread it generously with apricot jam. This not only gives flavor but also ensures that your marzipan sticks well to the cake itself.
For filling the Easter cake I used dried apricots in combination with dried cranberries. I also added some orange zest and juice. In addition to the marzipan covering, decorate the Easter cake with whipped cream and chopped chocolate Easter eggs.
Easter cake recipe with Easter eggs and marzipan
Persons: 10 PREPARATION TIME: 45 min CALORIES: 462 kcal
- 175 gr butter at room temperature
- 175 gr light brown caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 175 gr self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 gr almond flour
- Grate of 1 orange + juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 gr dried apricots chopped into small pieces
- 50 gr dried cranberries chopped if large
- 200 gr marzipan, 100 gr white / 100 gr yellow
- Chocolate eggs
- 1 tbsp apricot jam
- 125 ml of whipped cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Grease a 25 cm cake tin and cover with baking paper.
- Place the butter, sugar, eggs, self-raising flour, almond flour and baking powder in the bowl of the Kenwood Chef Titanium XL. Use the beater to blend everything into a smooth mixture.
- Add the grater, orange juice, vanilla and dried fruits and stir well with a spatula.
- Transfer to the ready tin and bake in the oven for 50 minutes or until a wooden skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Spread the cake all over with a thin layer of jam. This works best if you heat the jam a little bit and apply with a brush.
- Knead the two colors of marzipan together and roll out with a rolling pin into a thin piece that should fit over the cake.
- Beat the whipped cream with the sugar until stiff.
- Cover the top of the cake with the rolled-out marzipan. Decorate the cake with whipped cream and chocolate eggs
Calories: 462 kcal
Carbohydrates: 50 g
Protein: 7 g
Fat: 26 g
Saturated fats: 13 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 104 mg
Sodium: 200 mg
Potassium: 228 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 33 g
Vitamin A: 1239 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 80 mg
Iron: 1 mg
The stated nutritional value is based on standard tables and therefore an estimated total. No rights can be derived from the information in the nutritional table.