Clay Mask: Mineral Source of Skin Care
When it comes to personal care and skin beauty, you have met many options. Plants, various supplements and foods accompanied you during the care. With this article, we will introduce you to the clay mask. We will explain the benefits of the clay mask, which has been preferred in skin care for many years, one by one. Before giving information about the clay mask, it would be useful to know what the main ingredient of clay is. Let’s examine together what is the clay that comes into contact with your skin.
Clay is a type of mineral that is found on earth in various forms and has many components in its chemistry. It contains magnesium, potassium and calcium. Therefore, it is the most natural product to be preferred for skin care. The fact that it is economical also supports this situation. When mixed with some water, it has a sticky consistency and becomes suitable for use. Clay mask price information, which you can also find in herbalists, is 15 TL on average. When you want to buy powdered clay, you can pay 5 TL for 500 grams of powdered clay.
Now that we have explained what clay is, it is time to move on to the clay mask recipe and stages that you will use for your skin care!
How to Make a Clay Mask?
If you think that clay masks are only green, we are here to enlighten you on this issue. Clay mask types can come in white, gray, blue, yellow, pink, red and green tones. The color of the clay changes with the climate it is in and the minerals it contains. In this article, we will give information about the most preferred green clay mask and white clay mask. These two masks also play a role in rejuvenating your skin.
Here are our clay mask making home care suggestions:
1) Green Clay Mask Recipe
Green clay is very rich in iron and magnesium. To remove toxins from your skin, you can try this recipe:
- 1 teaspoon chamomile juice
- 1 teaspoon of green clay
- If you have blackheads, mix a teaspoon of chamomile juice with a teaspoon of green clay until it has a consistency.
- Then apply it to your skin, paying attention to the eye area.
- Wait until your mask dries.
- After drying, clean your skin with warm water and try this application once a week.
- You will instantly notice that blackheads and dead skin are cleared.
2) White Clay Mask Recipe
White clay mask can be preferred when you have oily skin. It reduces the oiliness on your skin. You can follow the recipe to get its benefits:
- 2 tablespoons of pure water
- 2 tablespoons of white clay
- Get a creamy consistency by mixing 2 tablespoons of white clay with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Then apply this mask on your face and wait until it dries.
- After drying, wash your face with lukewarm water to clean your skin.
- If your skin is sensitive, you do not need to wait for it to dry. It will be enough to wait 5 minutes.
- You can get productive results with weekly application.
- You can also notice that your skin is cleaned and refreshed after a clay mask applied regularly.
3) Suna Dumankaya Clay Mask Recipe
Clay mask is a care option recommended by Suna Dumankaya to her clients.
- 1 tablespoon of clay
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1-2 drops of lemon juice
- Mix all the ingredients and give consistency.
- Apply the resulting mixture on your skin and wait for 15 minutes.
- This recipe, which is effective for dry skin, has been tried and loved by many people.
4) Shams Arslan Clay Mask Recipe
The frequently applied clay mask was also tried by Şems Aslan by adding a few materials. With this recipe, you can reduce skin blemishes and clean your skin from dead cells.
- 2 tablespoons of milk cream
- Wheat starch
- 1 teaspoon of white clay
- Mix all your ingredients and get a cream.
- Apply the cream on your face and wait for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, clean your skin with warm water.
- This mask recipe is also suitable for sensitive skin.
What Are the Benefits of Clay Mask?
- You can renew your skin with the miracle from clay. Clay mask can be the most natural solution you can choose to eliminate black spots and acne complaints.
- It prevents the skin from sagging by tightening the pores and at the same time makes your skin always look more alive.
- It nourishes your skin and gives color to your face due to the minerals it contains. When you apply the clay mask regularly, you can have a healthier skin.
- If your skin is sensitive to sunburn, it will alleviate the effects of the burn.
- It protects the moisture balance of the skin by reducing the oiliness on your face.
- It deeply cleans the harmful layer on your skin due to dirty air and intense tempo.
- If a stain has formed on your skin, when the clay mask is applied regularly, it renews the cells in the stained area and makes the stain disappear.
- Clay masks, which are effective not only for the skin but also for the hair, nourish your hair and make it grow healthier.
- If you have sensitive skin, pink clay protects your skin from possible irritations and provides the necessary care.
- Clay mask has the effect of accelerating blood circulation. Thus, it is effective in making your skin age younger. Keep in mind a clay mask to make you look younger.
- Thanks to the clay mask containing magnesium and calcium, your hand, arm, knee, leg and foot health are also protected. It cleans and revitalizes every area with dead skin.
- Ozone clay mask, specially produced by cosmetic companies, moisturizes your skin and makes it smooth, thanks to the ozone contained in it.
- It applies intensive care to your skin.
- Chocolate clay mask prepared with cocoa butter has been specially produced by cosmetic companies and has taken its place in the market. With a chocolate clay mask, you can nourish your skin by maintaining its moisture balance without drying it out.
What Does a Clay Mask Do?
The clay mask recommendations we have just given you, along with regular use:
- It refreshes your skin.
- It destroys dead cells.
- It nourishes your hair and skin.
- It prevents the formation of acne as well as eliminates acne.
- It makes you look younger.
- It is effective in having tight skin.
Frequently Asked Questions About Clay Mask
Here we answer many questions about the clay mask for you. All the details you are wondering about; Now with you in the form of questions and answers.
Is a clay mask harmful?
Clay mask is not a harmful type of mask as it is a natural mineral and contains calcium and magnesium. In some cases, it can irritate the skin on very sensitive skin. To prevent this, pink clay is preferred instead of green clay.
How many minutes is the clay mask left on?
When you apply a clay mask, the waiting time is at most 15 minutes, unless you have added any additional material to the mask content. Outdoor waiting time will be less. Clay in contact with air dries faster.
Does clay mask cause acne?
Clay mask does not cause acne if you do not have an allergic skin. On the contrary, it removes the oily layer on your skin and cleans your skin. It prevents the formation of acne.
Can a clay mask be made every day?
Skin care experts have specified the clay mask application interval to be once a week. Clay masks applied once a day can irritate the skin in some cases. For this reason, it is recommended to apply once a week to get healthy results.
When to make a clay mask?
Clay mask can be applied during periods when your skin does not breathe, becomes oily and blackheads increase. If you have been in crowded environments for a long time, your skin will need a mask when you come home as it takes the air from the environment. You can also choose to purify your skin when you leave dusty and intense air exchange environments. You can apply it at any time during the day you want.