Betawi Typical Asem Vegetable Recipe, Really Delicious Using Tetelan Bun!
Do you like sour vegetables? This time, let’s try to make a typical Betawi vegetable tamarind recipe.
Basically the Betawi tamarind recipe is not too much different from the common tamarind vegetable recipe. The main differentiator is the number of ingredients present.
Betawi tamarind vegetable recipe
In Vegetable Asem Betawi, only a few ingredients from Jakarta are used. While in other vegetable tamarind recipes it is not. One of these ingredients is tetelan.
For the Betawi tamarind vegetable recipe with drops, you must prepare, among others:
- 20 grams of melinjo leaves
- 50 grams of melinjo
- 150 grams of ground beef
- 1 piece of sweet corn
- 50 grams of peanuts
- 5 long long beans
- 100 grams of chayote
- 50 grams of young papaya
- 150 grams of young jackfruit
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cm galangal
- Salt and sugar to taste
- 20 grams of tamarind
- 2,500 ml of water
The spices in the Betawi tamarind vegetable recipe that you have to prepare this time include:
- 4 cloves garlic
- 6 red onions
- 5 pecans
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
After the vegetables and seasonings have been prepared, the next step is to enter the vegetable preparation process.
- Wash all the vegetables until they are clean.
- Cut the minced meat to the size you like.
- Sweet corn cut horizontally or circularly, with a thickness of approximately 3 to 4 cm.
- Cut the long beans to a size of about 3 cm.
- Wash the peanuts thoroughly, then boil until cooked and coarsely mash.
- Cut the chayote into cubes and the size according to taste.
- Bruised galangal that has been washed clean.
- Also cut the young jackfruit and papaya, according to taste.
- For tamarind, dissolve with 4 tablespoons warm water.
- Puree all the spices that have been prepared previously.
How to cook
After all the preparations for the delicious Betawi tamarind recipe have been done, then the next is the cooking process.
- Boil the water first, then add the tetelan meat and melinjo into the boiling water. Wait until it really boils.
- After boiling, add the bay leaves, mashed spices, and galangal. Stir well, wait until the meat is cooked, and releases the aroma.
- When the aroma comes out, then add the peanuts, young jackfruit, and young corn. Cook until all ingredients are half cooked.
- After all the ingredients are half cooked, then add the other ingredients, such as chayote, young papaya, salt, sugar, tamarind solution, and cook until all the ingredients are cooked and the water really boils.
- Finally, add the melinjo leaves and long beans and cook again until the ingredients are completely cooked.
If it is cooked, then remove and serve while warm. Betawi tamarind recipe is best when eaten with warm rice.