10 Benefits of Vitamin D You Didn’t Know About
Vitamin D is a kind of vitamin that children and adults should take according to their biological characteristics. Vitamin D, called calciferol in the medical field, has the ability to dissolve in fat. The storage place in the body is the liver and adipose tissues. Vitamin D is mostly obtained from the sun. Since there is vitamin D in foods, it is also met through nutrition at a certain rate.
Vitamin D; There are two different types, D2 and D3. Vitamin D, which supports muscle and bone development, brings many health problems when it is not taken at an adequate level. Vitamin D is used to support muscle development through supplementation in premature and newborn infants. In adults and children, when the doctor deems it appropriate, it is started as a vitamin supplement.
Thanks to the benefits of vitamin D obtained through nutrition and from the sun, your immune system is strengthened. Now, let’s give you information about the benefits of vitamin D2 and D3. Let’s take a look at the benefits of vitamin D on the skin and its effects on the general body system in these lines!
10 Benefits of Vitamin D You Didn’t Know About
1) Prevents Heart Diseases
- In order to prevent heart diseases, foods with high vitamin value should be consumed.
- One of the vitamins that keeps heart diseases away from your body is vitamin D.
- When milk and dairy products, salmon and the yellow part of the egg are consumed, the need for vitamin D is taken.
- When you regularly consume foods containing vitamin D, you help to clean the veins that go to the heart.
2) It Protects Against Diabetes
- It is recommended that diabetic patients consume foods with high vitamin content in a balanced way.
- Vitamin D, which has the ability to balance blood sugar, alleviates the effects of diabetes when taken from food.
- To keep the sudden fluctuating blood sugar under control; Vitamin D should be taken at a certain rate during the day.
- Not only with food, but also staying in sufficient sunlight and benefiting from the sun reduces the effects of diabetes.
3) Strengthens the Immune System
- Experts recommend walking outdoors for at least 30 minutes a day.
- The aim of the recommendation is to benefit from vitamin D at an adequate level.
- At the same time, consuming milk and dairy products containing vitamin D will also strengthen the immune system.
- To live in a healthy way by staying away from diseases; You should pay attention to your vitamin D intake.
4) Relieves Muscle Aches
- Vitamin D balances the Calcium ratio in the body. Improves muscle soreness when calcium is balanced.
- It is recommended that athletes and people who are very active during the day keep their vitamin D level in balance.
- Thanks to the ideal level of vitamin D, muscle and bone pains are felt at the lowest level.
- On days when you are tired, you can prevent pain by taking milk and dairy products or taking advantage of some sunlight.
5) Supports the Development of Bones
- In order to protect the bone health of children and babies, it is recommended by the doctor to take vitamin D supplements.
- Vitamin D3 supplementation in preterm babies is given by experts. The skeletal structure of the babies given the supplement is stronger.
- To have strong bone structure during adolescence and adulthood; It is good to give foods containing vitamin D from the transition period to solid food.
- Vitamin D should be taken to prevent bone damage, osteoporosis and diseases related to the skeletal system.
6) Prevents Skin Damage
- Vitamin D from sunlight helps the skin to be healthier.
- The skin, which receives sufficient sunlight, stays away from oil and acne.
- In addition, vitamin D taken with food also prevents skin diseases.
- Pay attention to your vitamin D intake in order to have acne-free, oil-free, bright and vibrant skin.
7) Balances Blood Pressure
- Vitamin D is a type of vitamin that is effective in blood pressure in the veins.
- It is recommended to consume foods such as milk, cheese, yogurt and salmon containing vitamin D in order to prevent blood pressure disease and to control existing blood pressure disease.
- Vitamin D regulates body functions and balances blood pressure.
- Thus, it minimizes the effects of blood pressure on your body and helps you feel good.
8) Prevents Muscle Contraction
- The muscular system is an important system for the body. Weakening and frequent contraction of the muscles hinders your movements.
- A person who takes vitamin D in his daily diet will act more flexible and healthier.
- People with vitamin D deficiency often get tired and experience muscle contractions.
- If you are looking for a solution to prevent the muscles from contracting your movements; Do not neglect your vitamin D intake.
9) Helps With Calcium Storage
- Calcium is an effective mineral in preventing tooth and gum diseases.
- The vitamin that stores calcium in the body is vitamin D. Oral health is preserved when vitamin D is taken according to biological properties.
- Calcium, which also protects bone health, is stored in the body thanks to vitamin D.
- You can get vitamin D by consuming dairy products and fish meat. Thus, your calcium store will take you to healthy da
10) Lowers the Risk of Infection
- When an infection occurs in any part of the body, it also affects other organs when there is a risk of spreading.
- In order to reduce the risk of infection, vitamin D intake should not be neglected.
- Supplements of vitamin D, nutrients and sunlight given by the doctor protect you from infection.
- Diseases such as viral and bacterial diseases, urinary tract infections are prevented thanks to vitamin D.