Benefits of Turmeric Milk
When the calcium of milk and the antibiotic properties of turmeric come together, unique benefits emerge. When turmeric milk is added to our daily diet, it reduces infection and protects us from many ailments. Moreover, it is very easy to prepare.
Benefits of Turmeric Milk: 12 Features You Didn’t Know About
1) It is Antioxidant and Anti-Inflammatory
- Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory.
- Many chronic conditions are caused by chronic inflammation in the body. With its anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric strengthens the body’s defense mechanism and eliminates the factors that predispose to chronic diseases.
- Turmeric milk is a beverage with high antioxidant value as well as anti-inflammatory properties. Thanks to this feature, it helps protect the integrity of cells by fighting free radicals.
2) It is a Natural Pain Relief
- Turmeric is also a natural pain reliever. Its use for this purpose is quite common in India.
- It relieves all body pains, especially arthritis and migraine.
- Help keep joints and muscles flexible. It is good for swelling caused by rheumatoid arthritis.
- Thanks to these features, it is an ideal drink for rheumatism patients.
- It reduces cramps during the menstrual period and is good for menstrual pain.
3) Good for Colds and Upper Respiratory Disorders
- The first thing that comes to mind when one thinks of what turmeric milk is good for is colds and upper respiratory tract diseases.
- Turmeric milk relieves the symptoms of winter diseases thanks to its antiviral and antibacterial properties. It is effective against ailments such as asthma, bronchitis, throat and tonsillitis. In case of a cold, you can drink a glass of turmeric milk a day.
- When turmeric and milk come together, it has antibacterial properties. Thanks to this feature, it is effective against bacteria and viruses.
- It warms the body and opens the blockages in the lungs.
- Turmeric milk eliminates the cough problem in a short time.
4) Reduces the Risk of Getting Cancer
- Turmeric is a highly effective spice against cancer. It reduces the risk of many types of cancer, especially breast, prostate, colon, lung and skin cancer.
- Thanks to its curcumin component and its anti-inflammatory properties, it protects DNA and prevents cancer cells from harming the body.
- It reduces the side effects of chemotherapy applied to cancer patients.
5) Strengthens Bones
- The benefits of turmeric milk are endless!
- Turmeric milk, which is a good source of calcium, protects bone health thanks to this feature.
- It helps bones stay flexible and strong.
- It is a natural remedy against bone loss and osteoporosis.
6) Purifies and Revitalizes Skin
- Drinking turmeric milk eliminates skin redness.
- It helps the skin to gain a bright appearance.
- It removes fine wrinkles on the skin and eliminates acne spots.
- It is good for skin conditions such as eczema.
- Thanks to its antioxidant feature, it fights free radicals and eliminates all factors that damage the skin.
- It prevents premature aging of the skin.
7) Cleanses the Blood
- One of the most important benefits of turmeric milk to the body is that it cleans the blood. In this way, the blood is renewed.
- It improves blood circulation.
- It cleans the lymph system by thinning the blood and eliminates the defects in the red blood cells.
8) Liver Friendly
- Turmeric milk detoxifies the liver.
- It prevents fatty liver.
- It helps to improve the functions of the liver by cleaning it.
9) Improves Digestive System
- Regularly consumed turmeric milk supports the digestive system. It eliminates problems such as indigestion and bloating.
- It is effective against colitis.
- It is good for ulcers and stomach bloating.
10) Helps You Have A Good Sleep
- The most comforting answer to the question of what is turmeric milk good for is here!
- A glass of warm milk before going to bed is almost the beginning of good sleep.
- Turmeric milk facilitates the transition to sleep and offers a quality sleep.
11) Effective Against Alzheimer’s Disease
- According to researches; Drinking turmeric milk regularly prevents the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
- It contributes to the improvement of brain functions.
12) Makes Conceiving Easier
- Turmeric milk increases the level of estrogen hormone. Thanks to this feature, it improves women’s reproductive health.
- It regulates hormone levels and facilitates conception.
Does Turmeric Milk Lose Weight?
- Turmeric milk contributes to the breakdown of stored fats in the body. In this way, it accelerates the metabolism and supports the weight loss process.
- If consumed regularly, it prevents the accumulation of fat in the body.
- It suppresses the feeling of hunger thanks to its satiety feature.
- If you are on a diet, of course, you can add turmeric milk to your program by consulting your dietitian or doctor.
Turmeric Milk Harms and Side Effects
- While turmeric milk does not have any harm or side effects, both milk and turmeric are allergenic foods. Therefore, it is recommended to be consumed with caution.
- Food allergies usually manifest as skin rash, itching, or intestinal problems.
- If you notice that you are allergic to milk or turmeric, you should stop drinking turmeric milk immediately. However, if the allergic reaction does not go away, you should definitely apply to a health care provider.
- If you are only allergic to lactose, you can choose lactose-free milk.
- Excessive consumption of turmeric milk can cause problems such as indigestion, diarrhea, heartburn, and nausea.
- Experts recommend not to consume more than one glass a day.
- Turmeric is not recommended for pregnant and lactating women. Therefore, turmeric milk should not be drunk during these processes.
- If you have medications that you use regularly, turmeric may interact with these drugs. If you regularly use medication, you should definitely consult your doctor about the consumption of turmeric.
When to Drink Turmeric Milk?
- Turmeric milk can be drunk at any time of the day.
- If it is drunk in the morning, it gives energy to the body. In this way, it helps to have a good day.
- If you drink it before going to bed, it relaxes the muscles, calms the nerves and allows you to have a good sleep.
- Turmeric milk is never a meal replacement, but you can consume it as a snack if you wish.