Like all other red-colored fruits and vegetables, beet juice is a full source of antioxidants. Thanks to the vitamins, minerals, and components it contains, beetroot is one of the vegetables with high nutritional value.
Beets can be consumed in different ways. E.g; You can prepare the pickle or make the salad. You can boil it and consume it alone or make chips. You can squeeze the juice and drink it if you wish.
We know that many people have the question “Can you drink beet juice?” According to experts, drinking beet juice is very beneficial. Because beet juice is rich in vitamins A, C, E, B12, B6, and K, which are necessary for the body. A 200 ml glass of beet juice contains 3.36 g of protein, 0.36 grams of fat, 4 g of fiber, 154 mg of sodium, 610 mg of potassium, 32 mg of calcium, and 1.58 mg of iron.
Benefits of Beet Juice: What Is It Good For?
1) Cleanses the Body of Toxins
- Thanks to its antioxidant properties, beet juice purifies the body from toxins. It does this through urine and perspiration.
- It cleans the liver, kidney, stomach, and bile.
2) Reduces Stress
- Beet juice has a healing effect on nerve vessels.
- Therefore, it fights stress, which is one of the biggest problems of the modern age.
- It reduces the effects of fatigue.
3) Effective Against Cancer
- Thanks to the vitamins, minerals, and components it contains, beet contains many substances that cells need.
- Known for its antioxidant properties, this vegetable is effective against all types of cancer, especially the skin, lung, and colon.
- So how does beet juice achieve this?
- Thanks to the pigments it contains, beet juice expels cancerous cells from the body.
- It also strengthens the immune system and prevents the proliferation of cancerous cells.
- It fights free radicals that predispose to cancer.
4) Helps Weight Loss
- The question “Does beet juice weaken” is asked a lot, especially by dieters.
- Beet juice is a beverage that contributes positively to the diet process, thanks to its edema-reducing feature.
- It is both healthy and thanks to the fiber it contains, it creates a feeling of satiety and reduces appetite.
- It is known to support the weight loss process when consumed regularly.
- 100 grams of boiled beets is only 44 kcal calories. The calorie amount of 1 glass (200 ml) beet juice is 88 kcal. Since it is low in calories, it does not cause weight gain.
5) Protects Heart Health
- Beet juice has positive effects on heart health.
- It prevents vascular occlusion and allows the blood to circulate freely in the veins.
- It raises good cholesterol and lowers bad cholesterol.
- It helps to control blood pressure. It prevents high blood pressure.
- Thanks to the nitrate it contains, it lowers blood pressure. Thus, it minimizes the possibility of having diseases such as stroke and stroke.
6) Improves Digestive System
- The most important beet juice benefit is that it regulates the digestive system.
- When viewed from this angle; It is possible to say that it is a digestive and intestinal-friendly beverage.
- It completely cleans and regulates the stomach and intestinal system.
- In particular, it purifies the intestines from harmful bacteria and microbes.
- It is effective against constipation and diarrhea.
- Regulates and improves digestive functions.
7) Improves Brain Health
- Beet juice is almost a panacea drink. It regulates and improves many functions of the body, from the digestive system to heart and brain health.
- This beverage, which supports brain health, improves mental and cognitive functions that decrease with age.
- It increases the amount of oxygen and blood flow in the brain.
8) Good for Anemia
- One of the most well-known effects of beet juice is that it increases the amount of blood in the body.
- It is a natural recipe for iron deficiency. If you have anemia and iron deficiency problems, you can benefit from beet juice.
- Beet juice not only increases blood cells but also balances the amount of sugar in the blood.
9) An Ideal Drink for Athletes
- Beet juice gives energy to the body thanks to the vitamins and minerals it contains.
- It is known to increase oxygen in the body by up to 20%. With this feature, it is an ideal drink for athletes.
- Because it increases athletic performance.
- It is recommended that athletes consume beet juice at least 2-3 hours before training.
10) Prevents Bone Resorption
- Beet juice strengthens bones.
- In this way, it prevents the formation of osteoporosis, which is known as osteoporosis among people.
11) Effective Against Hair Loss
- Beets contain plenty of zinc and potassium.
- Both of these substances prevent hair loss.
- It also helps hair to grow quickly and healthily.
Beet Juice Harms and Side Effects
We looked at the answer to the question “What is the use of beet juice”, now let’s come to the other side of the coin! As with any food, excessive consumption of beet may cause some side effects. However, we would like to emphasize again that beet juice is more beneficial than harmful when consumed in a controlled manner.
Here are the possible harms and side effects of beet juice:
- It can cause kidney damage if consumed excessively.
- It can cause the urine and even the large toilet to turn pink.
- May cause skin rash.
- It can cause fluctuations in blood sugar levels.
- It can cause the blood pressure level to drop quickly.
- It can lower the calcium level in the body.
One of the most frequently asked questions is whether pregnant and breastfeeding women can drink beet juice… Let’s answer this question without making you wonder anymore! Yes, both pregnant and breastfeeding women can safely consume beet juice. In moderation of course!
So who should not consume beet juice?
- Experts recommend that especially high blood pressure patients avoid excessive consumption of beet juice.
- Because the large amount of potassium contained in beets can cause risky situations for blood pressure patients. In addition, diabetic patients are recommended to consume beetroot and beet juice in a controlled manner.
- However, if you have a medication that you have to use regularly, we recommend that you consult your doctor before consuming beet juice.
What Can Be Done With Beet Juice?
- If you want to benefit from the benefits of beetroot, you can consume beet juice regularly. In this way, you give your body the vitamins, minerals, and components it needs.
- By preparing probiotic beetroot juice, you can increase the benefit of this miraculous drink and feed your intestines with more friendly bacteria.
- It is recommended to drink a glass of beet juice a day. Excessive consumption should be avoided.
- You can use beet juice while making rice pilaf if you wish. Thus, both the nutrition of the rice increases and its color becomes pink. You can try this method, especially if you have trouble getting your child to eat beetroot or drink beet juice.
- Apart from this, we would like to inform you about hair dyeing with beet juice.
- If you do not prefer chemical hair dyes, you can dye your hair red at home with beets and carrots.
- All you have to do for this is; mixing half a glass of carrot and half a glass of beet juice.
- Apply this mixture to your hair. Then wrap your hair with a hair cap or stretch wrap.
- After waiting for 1 hour like this, wash your hair. That is all!