Are Vitamin Pills Healthy or Dangerous?
Vitamins are known as micronutrients that enable the metabolic process to begin in the human body. Vitamins are needed in weight loss and gain, supporting muscle development, new cell formation and a healthy pregnancy period. Vitamins A, B, C, D, E, and K are the most common type of vitamin known. These vitamins can be taken from food as well as with supplements if necessary.
Vitamin pills are supplements used by people with vitamin deficiency. Vitamin pills can be found in pharmacies, places that sell different health products or on the internet, but vitamin pills produced by pharmaceutical companies should be written with a doctor’s prescription and used under expert guidance.
Vitamin pills produced by pharmaceutical companies are written with a doctor’s prescription. If there is a weakness against which vitamin, a certain period of time is taken to ensure that the vitamin is taken at an adequate level. Now we will tell you many curious details about vitamin pills.
We have explained the effects and harms of vitamin pills on your health one by one on this page. Now you can read our article to the end to find out!
What Do Vitamin Pills Do?
1) Gives Energy to the Body
- Vitamin deficiency creates a feeling of fatigue in people. To prevent this fatigue, doctors often supplement with iron. Vitamin pills are recommended to prevent fatigue experienced in vitamin B deficiency.
- Vitamin pills, which are beneficial for the body to gain energy, should be given under the control of a specialist as a result of the necessary blood tests.
- With the regular use of vitamin pills, fatigue is eliminated.
2) Reduces Hair Loss
- When the symptoms of vitamin deficiency are examined, worn hair and shedding hair come to the fore. Hair problems can be eliminated thanks to vitamin pills.
- If you have been experiencing hair loss problems recently; You can get support from vitamin pills.
- Vitamin pills are supplements that help hair grow healthier and faster.
3) Prevents Skin Problems
- Skin problems in vitamin D deficiency and vitamin E deficiency are eliminated with vitamin pills.
- If there is shedding, frequent bruising and itching on the skin, you can consult a dermatologist and apply the necessary treatment.
- If your doctor recommends you to use vitamin pills, you can get away from skin problems.
4) Nourish Mother and Baby During Pregnancy
- The place of vitamin pills during pregnancy has been very valuable in recent years. For the development of the fetus and the mother’s immune system, experts recommend vitamin pills in this process.
- During periods of nutritional difficulties, you can take vitamin D and vitamin B supplements. You should use these vitamin pills under the control of your doctor.
- When vitamin pills are used for a certain period of time during pregnancy, they provide better development of mother and baby.
5) Supports Mind Development
- Some doctors recommend that children use vitamin pills to be more active and intelligent. In some cases, syrup may be preferred instead of pills.
- Mind development is a process that needs to be supported for the whole life of people. Therefore, vitamin pills are needed.
- Those who use vitamin pills can feel better by staying away from distraction and anxiety.
6) Protects Muscle and Bone Health
- Deficiency of calcium and vitamin D may cause problems in muscle and bone development.
- Vitamin pills are used to prevent osteoporosis, especially after menopause.
- When you regularly use the vitamin pills that your doctor deems appropriate for you, you can control muscle and bone development.
7) Strengthens Teeth and Eyes
- Vitamin A strengthens teeth and eye health.
- There is also vitamin A in the production of the pigments of the part that gives color to the eyes.
- If you have problems with your dental health or if you have problems such as seeing in low light, you may have a vitamin A deficiency.
- If supplementation with a natural diet is not sufficient or there is an emergency, your doctor will prescribe a vitamin A pill.
8) Fights Stress and Depression
- Especially B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9, B12 vitamins in the B vitamin group are very important for our health.
- If you want to have a good mental and physical health, you should take care to take these vitamins by eating a balanced diet.
- However, in some cases, the vitamin level that has fallen below the limit can be seen and vitamin B pills are recommended.
- Sometimes, if there are disorders that affect vitamin absorption, vitamin supplementation may be required by direct blood injection.
Are Vitamin Pills Healthy or Beneficial?
The news about vitamin pills in the media may make you ask the question of whether vitamin pills are harmful. So, are vitamin pills really helpful? When the opinions of the experts on the vitamin pills are examined, the vitamin pills used in the dose do not harm the health.
It would be more accurate to express the comments on vitamin pills as follows:
- As a result of a study conducted by the US National Cancer Institute: In 2007, it was stated that the risk of death due to prostate cancer in male individuals using multivitamin tablets was 2 times higher than those who did not use vitamin tablets.
- According to the results of another study, the situation is as follows: According to a study conducted on 35,533 healthy men in 2011, it was recorded that vitamin E and selenium tablets increased the risk of prostate cancer by 17%.
- In 2003, according to a study by Japanese scientists: It added one more substance to the group of B vitamins. It was stated that this new member of the B group vitamins, known as PQQ, strengthens the reproductive and immune systems in mice. It has been observed that supplements containing this vitamin increase body resistance.
- Vitamin pills are a useful supplement when used with doctor’s approval. Depending on individual differences, damage can be seen from time to time.
- Therefore, if question marks such as do vitamin pills cause nausea, do vitamin pills cause headaches, do vitamin pills harm the kidneys, you should consult a doctor and start using supplements if necessary after getting the answers to these questions.
- Yeditepe University Faculty of Pharmacy Prof. Dr. According to Erdem Yeşilada’s views, vitamin pills are evaluated as follows: “The vitamin C in the orange we eat is not ripe yet, it is impossible to get enough lycopene from tomatoes. There is no vitamin left in vegetables and fruits, we have to take the vitamin with pills.”
Does Vitamin Pill Gain Weight?
If you are worried about gaining weight while using vitamin pills; This issue will need to be clarified. It would be more accurate to explain the answer to the question of whether vitamin pills make you gain weight with the expressions in the list.
- Vitamin pills are not calorie-containing pills. Therefore, it has no effect on weight gain.
- Vitamin pills awaken the feeling of taking calories as they give energy to the body. So it makes you hungry. In this case, you can prevent weight gain by making healthy choices.
- Vitamin pills are not a source of weight, as they will not cause fat storage or metabolic stagnation. Weight-creating factors are the choices on your plates.
- Those who use vitamin pills can maintain the numbers on the scale by eating low calories at the time of hunger.
Side Effects and Harms of Vitamin Pills
You may be wondering if vitamin pills are harmful. In order to eliminate this question mark in your mind, let’s talk about the side effects of vitamin pills that may occur as a result of unconscious use:
- Taking high doses of some vitamins causes vitamin poisoning.
- It is recommended that vitamin A and D pills be used for a certain period of time and then discontinued. Since vitamins A and D are also stored by the body, there is no need to take supplements for a long time.
- Experts do not find it right to take supplements containing vitamins and minerals for a long time, as well as multivitamin pills. Since the metabolic characteristics of each individual are different, support should be provided according to which vitamin deficiency is present.
- Vitamin pills also have psychological harm. People who take vitamin pills frequently make it a habit to take this supplement. Thinking that vitamin pills are very good for them, they take supplements for a long period of time. Since this process changes the eating habits, malnutrition occurs.
- Do vitamin pills cause insomnia? Vitamin pills have not been shown to cause insomnia. On the contrary, it helps you sleep more comfortably because it eliminates vitamin deficiency.
- Well, do vitamin pills delay menstruation or do vitamin pills interrupt menstruation? The source of the problem is most likely not directly vitamin pills. Maybe in very indirect ways it can have minimal effects.
- The reasons for delayed menstruation are not related to vitamin pills. Depending on biological reasons, changes in the menstrual calendar may occur. To solve this problem, you should see a gynecologist.
How to Use Vitamin Pills, When Should They Be Taken?
The question of whether to drink vitamin pills hungry or full confuses many people. Your doctor will give the best answer to this question for you. But still, let’s give you some information to get an idea in mind:
- It will be better for you to take vitamin supplements such as B12 early in the morning on an empty stomach . In order not to feel the tiredness of the day, you can take vitamin B12 pills before you start breakfast.
- Vitamin D pills should be taken as your doctor deems appropriate. Vitamin D supplements, which are recommended to be taken hungry and full, will give you energy throughout the day.
- If there is a vitamin pill that you need to take once a day, it will be more effective to take this pill on an empty stomach before breakfast.
- In order not to affect body functions, you should not take more than 5 vitamin supplements per day.
- If you are wondering if vitamin pills make you nauseous , some pills taken on an empty stomach can have side effects. Ask your doctor about this issue and ask him to give medicines to be taken on a full stomach.
- It is suitable to drink vitamin pills at the same time after a doctor’s guidance.
- For example, sometimes you may need to use vitamin E and vitamin C supplements for atherosclerosis problem. In this case, you can drink the pills together.
Should Vitamin Pills Be Used During Pregnancy?
Vitamin pills during pregnancy is a topic that comes up frequently. This question, which makes expectant mothers think, is frequently asked to doctors. In the first stage of pregnancy, many women experience nausea and have difficulty feeding for a while. It also takes the vitamins that it cannot get from food from various supplements. These supplements are given by the doctor following the pregnancy for a certain period of time.
So, should you take vitamin pills during pregnancy? What opinion do the experts have on this issue?
- Before or in the first month of pregnancy, folic acid is recommended. Folic acid helps the baby hold on better in the womb. Folic acid is obtained from vegetables as well as from pills. Folic acid pills are taken for 3 months when your doctor deems it appropriate.
- One of the vitamins that should be taken during pregnancy is vitamin D. If you have to stay at home for a long time, you can take vitamin D pills. For this, you need to get approval from your doctor. Thanks to vitamin D, the health of the intestines and bones is maintained.
- Omega support should be taken for the baby’s brain development and for the mother-to-be to have a healthier process.
- For this, omega pills are considered appropriate by the doctor. Omega pills are recommended for expectant mothers who rarely or cannot consume seafood during this period.
- One of the most important vitamins during pregnancy is vitamin B. Your doctor will recommend you to use iron pills to eliminate B vitamins and iron deficiency. If you use these pills regularly, you can have a healthier birth.
When you do not take vitamin supplements during pregnancy, you can feel quite tired. You can get sick often because your body resistance will decrease. Vitamin pills increase your body resistance by protecting you from infections and diseases. You should definitely consult your doctor to use the most correct vitamin pill.