Almond Nutritional Value: How Many Calories in Almond?
Almond, a food native to Asia, can be grown almost anywhere in the world. The flowers of the fruit, which grows on trees with a length of 4-12 meters, are pink and white. It gives its first fruit in the spring and the fresh almond, which is a green juicy fruit, is called Çağla. Over time, the outer shell of the waterfall hardens and the kernels take the form of inner almonds.
Almonds can be consumed alone as a snack as a snack or as a flavoring for pastries such as wedding candy, cakes, cookies and pastries. Almond, the fruit of temperate climates, is widely grown in countries such as Israel, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Iran and Turkey. It is divided into bitter and sweet almonds. Bitter almond is generally used in the production of almond oil and has flavoring properties for meals. Sweet almonds are generally consumed raw. Almond, which has a very tasty and satiating feature, is often used as a snack in diet lists.
How Many Calories in Almond?
The calorie content of almonds varies according to the inner almond and the cascading almond form. So, how many calories is the green almond worth? Almond, which has a unique sour taste, is one of the most popular fruits of the spring months. Çağla, which is a fruit rich in protein and fiber, stands out with its nutritional value as well as its long-lasting satiety feature. So, how many calories does 1 almond contain?
- 1 buckwheat almond weighs about 5 grams and has 2 calories.
- 100 grams of green almonds is worth 40 calories. The caloric value of the almond inside differs according to the fat content it contains.
How Many Calories in Roasted Almonds (with salt)?
Roasted almonds have higher calories compared to raw almonds and their nutritional value is lower than raw almonds. During the roasting process, the vitamins, minerals and essential oils in the structure of the almond kernel are exposed to high heat and lose some of their nutritional value. Roasted almonds by adding salt can cause serious problems, especially for blood pressure patients.
- 1 serving of roasted raw almonds weighs about 25 grams and contains 150 calories. 1 handful of roasted raw almonds is also about 25 grams.
- 1 roasted salted almond weighs 2 grams and has about 14 calories.
- 100 grams of roasted almonds is about the same amount as 1 cup of almonds and contains 700 calories.
How Many Calories in Unroasted Almonds (without salt)?
Raw almonds, which are very rich in phosphorus, copper, iron, calcium, B vitamins and protein, are an oilseed with high nutritional value and calorie content. Almond, which is more beneficial for health when consumed without roasting, has a protective effect on cardiovascular health when consumed in careful proportions.
- 1 serving of about 25 grams of unroasted unsalted raw almonds contains 143 calories.
- So, how many calories is a handful of almonds worth? 1 handful of almonds qualifies as 1 serving of almonds and weighs about 25 grams and has 143 calories.
- 1 gram of unroasted unsalted raw almonds contains about 6 calories.
- So, how many calories is 100 grams of almonds worth? 100 grams of almonds is about 1 cup and contains 600 calories.
Does Almond Make You Gain Weight? Can You Eat Almonds in Diet?
Almonds, which contain high amounts of fiber, help to lose weight by supporting weight loss diets. Recommended to be consumed especially in snacks and salads, almonds create a feeling of satiety for a long time and support appetite control. The antioxidant content of the vitamins and minerals in its content is high. Antioxidant components increase the metabolic rate and facilitate the burning of body fat. Thanks to its fiber content and magnesium content, almonds help control the high blood sugar that occurs after meals, preventing the development of insulin resistance and increasing the success of low-calorie diets.
Consuming almonds in a controlled way helps to lose weight. However, due to its high calorie and fat content, consuming more almonds than recommended causes an increase in the amount of daily calorie and fat intake and can make the person gain weight. While consuming almonds in the diet, the amount that the person should take daily should be calculated by the dietitian and included in the nutrition program. Otherwise, uncontrolled almond consumption may increase the amount of fat in the body.
Almond Nutritional Value
The nutritional value of almonds varies depending on whether they are cascading or inner almonds. Cagla almonds are lower in calories and fat. It is formed by the maturation of the kernel part of the inner almond waterfall, its fat and calorie content is much higher.
- 100 grams of ground almonds contain 575 calories on average.
- There are 21 grams of vegetable protein in 100 grams of the almond, which draws attention with its high protein content.
- Among the oilseeds, there is about 12 grams of fiber in 100 grams of almond, which is the food with the highest protein value.
- There are 49 grams of fat in 100 grams of the almond kernel, which is almost half fat.
- Thanks to its fat content containing polyunsaturated fatty acids, 100 grams of almonds, which are recommended for cardiovascular patients, contain approximately 4 grams of sugar.
- Due to its low carbohydrate content, almonds, which are recommended to be used in the snacks of diabetes patients, are rich in vitamins such as vitamin A, B vitamins and vitamin E, and minerals such as calcium, iron, manganese, magnesium, sodium and potassium.