A perfect dish for weekdays: Broccoli and teriyaki steak
For a weekday meal, I like it when I don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen. With some exceptions, of course, but in general I like to choose a meal that is on the table within 30 minutes, such as this broccoli and steak teriyaki.
The term teriyaki comes from Japanese cuisine; it has to do with the way of marinating and roasting. In this case, I use that term loosely because the meat is stir-fried, but the flavors are as you would expect from teriyaki.
Broccoli and teriyaki steak: delicious stir-fry
I think stir-frying is a really nice way to conjure up a meal in a quick way. Like my recipe for quickly stir-fried wild spinach. If you are not a fan of steak, you could also rename the steak teriyaki into a chicken teriyaki. You can even prepare fish this way! Make sure you don’t work it for too long; fish is simply ready much faster than chicken or beef.
You then also use the marinade for the teriyaki steak as a sauce, which also gives the broccoli a nice sticky layer. I like to serve it with noodles, fresh cilantro, and some sesame seeds.
Broccoli and teriyaki steak recipe
PREPARATION TIME: 30 min CALORIES: 480 kcal
- 500 gr steak strips
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 120 ml soy or tamari
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- ½ tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- 1 large head of fresh broccoli, broken into small florets
- Serve with noodles if desired.
- Fresh cilantro to serve
- Put the beef strips with the cornstarch in a bowl and shake until well mixed.
- Take a small bowl and mix in the tamari or soy, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, sesame seeds, sesame oil and chili flakes.
- Heat a large wok with some oil on high heat. Add the beef strips and fry until golden brown and done. About 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the broccoli and cook for a few minutes until they start to cook. Add the sauce and stir until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add the beef strips again and heat through for a while.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional value for the broccoli and teriyaki steak is without the noodles
NUTRITIONAL VALUE PER SERVING
Calories: 480 kcal
Carbohydrates: 26 g
Protein: 30 g
Fat: 29 g
Saturated fats: 11 g
Cholesterol: 88 mg
Sodium: 1793 mg
Potassium: 949 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 15 g
Vitamin A: 984 IU
Vitamin C: 136 mg
Calcium: 103 mg
Iron: 5 mg
The stated nutritional value is based on standard tables and therefore an estimated total. No rights can be derived from the information in the nutritional table.