9 Benefits of Sea Water for Your Health
On these days when the hot summer days make themselves felt, the sea is almost calling us. If you think that the sea, sand, and sun trio are only good for your soul, you are wrong.
Today we will give you information that will surprise you and we will talk about the benefits of seawater. The benefits of seawater are endless! After learning these benefits, we are sure that you will not enter the sea just to cool off.
Benefits of Sea Water, What Is It Good For?
1) Strengthens the Immune System
- Sea water contains various vitamins, elements, mineral salts, microorganisms and amino group acids.
- All these components are very beneficial for the human body.
- Seawater has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. In this way, it fights infections, fungi, germs and bacteria.
- Especially when the minerals contained in sea water are absorbed, it opens the pores on the skin. In this way, the body is purified from toxins.
- Toxins are substances that open the door of the body’s defense mechanism. When toxins are excreted, the factors that predispose to autoimmune patients disappear.
2) Beautifies the skin
- If you are on vacation, it can be a great idea to wash your face with sea water in the morning. Because sea water has many benefits for the skin.
- Thanks to the magnesium and hydrate in sea water, it helps the skin to look younger.
- It gives the skin a lively and smooth appearance.
- Balances the moisture content of the skin.
- It heals inflammation on the skin surface.
- Sea water is very effective against acne and blackheads. So, does sea water clear acne spots? While iodized sea water dries up acne, it also helps regenerate the skin. Thus, acne scars are reduced.
- It cures skin rashes.
- It helps wounds heal quickly.
Many people have some questions about the benefits of sea water for the skin. Is sea water good for scabies, is sea water good for eczema, and is sea water good for fungus ?
- There is no scientific study that sea water is good for scabies. On the contrary, since scabies is a contagious disease, it is recommended that the person with scabies stay away from areas such as the sea and pools.
- It is known that sea water, which has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, is good for eczema and fungus.
3) Prevents Dandruff in Hair
- Sea water has positive effects not only on the skin but also on the hair.
- Salty sea water prevents hair from dandruff.
- It makes the hair look shiny and lively.
4) Good for Upper Respiratory Tract Disorders
- Sea water is good for asthma.
- Relieves cough and expectorant.
- It clears the sinus tracts. It is known to be good for sinusitis problems.
5) Relieves Cold Symptoms
- The substances in seawater have an anti-inflammatory effect and fight inflammation.
- Thanks to this feature, sea water relieve flu and cold symptoms.
- It reduces the effects of allergic rhinitis.
6) Reduces Depression Effects
- Thanks to the vitamins and minerals in sea water, it fights depression.
- It reduces stress, thereby relieving the effects of anxiety and depression.
- Magnesium, bromine and lithium substances in sea water balance the levels of melatonin and serotonin, known as happiness hormones in the brain.
7) Provides a Comfortable and Efficient Sleep
- A comfortable and good sleep awaits you at night when you swim in the sea. Because the magnesium in sea water calms the muscles and nerves.
- Magnesium has a stress-reducing effect.
- In addition, the minerals in it are effective in the treatment of insomnia.
8) Calms the Mind
- Sea water has a positive effect on the brain.
- It is known to calm the mind.
- It helps to rejuvenate both mind and body.
- Swimming in the sea increases the body’s blood pumping. Fresh blood helps the mind be more active.
9) Relieves Joint Pains
- Seawater, which contains high levels of magnesium, strengthens the muscle and bone structure.
- It relieves joint pain, especially in inflammatory rheumatism patients.