5 very simple and beautiful ways to cut watermelon
How to cut watermelon both quickly and beautifully is interested by a lot of women, especially those who focus on appearance. Watermelon is a popular summer fruit, also a favorite dessert of many people thanks to its cool sweetness and health benefits. To help you show off your ingenuity when there are guests at home, the Delicious We share with you 5 very simple but very beautiful watermelon cutting styles below.
1. How to cut watermelon slices
- 1 long watermelon
- 1 knife
- 1 plastic or wooden cutting board
1.2. Cut watermelon
- Step 1: Rinse the watermelon under running water to remove the sandy soil on the melon skin. This step seems simple but very important, because when what is on it, if not cleaned, when the blade touches it, it will contact the intestines.
- Step 2: Proceed to cut the two ends of the watermelon. You need to use a knife with a longer blade than a melon so that the cut does not cross.
- Step 3: Stand the melon upright, then slowly cut vertically from the top down. Remember to align the melon evenly, so the seeds will be outside the cut melon, easier to remove the seeds.
- Step 4: Cut the two halves of the melon into boat-shaped pieces (it can be two or three depending on how big or small you want it to be).
- Step 5: Hold a piece of watermelon in one hand, and a knife in the other hand, gently separate the intestines and rind. Then cut into equal slices, about 5-7 cm thick. Repeat until you run out of watermelon.
- Step 6: Lay out each piece of watermelon on a plate, if you like, use your hands to alternate each piece of watermelon to make it beautiful. Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes and enjoy.
2. How to cut a round watermelon
- 1 long watermelon
- 1 knife
- 1 cutting board
- Shape tools for watermelon
2.2. Cut watermelon
- Step 1: After the watermelon is washed, cut off the two ends with a knife, then cut the watermelon into round pieces, about 2.5 cm thick.
- Step 2: Prepare a small, thin knife and carefully put the blade along the outer edge of the melon to cut off the melon skin and intestines. You can remove the seeds if you want.
- Step 3: Depending on your preference, you can cut round watermelon slices into sticks or triangles. For those of you who are picky, want to invest in shapes, use a cookie cutter to press hard to create many funny shapes.
- Step 4: Place the watermelon on a plate, use a fork to scoop out each piece of watermelon and enjoy, it will be more delicious when chilled!
3. How to cut a small triangle watermelon
- Knife cutting board
- Pickle plate
3.2. Proceed to cut the melon
- Step 1: Buy watermelon, wash, peel off the 2 ends and then locate the middle of the melon and cut it vertically down, divide it into two equal parts.
- Step 2: Place half a watermelon on a cutting board, the skin on top or the flesh on top are fine. Then continue to use a knife to cut in half, the remaining half of the melon does the same.
- Step 3: Take ¼ of the melon and proceed to cut the melon into triangular slices 1 – 1.5 cm thick. Cut in turn until all 8 pieces of melon are gone.
- Step 4: This is the step to present and decorate the watermelon. You choose a suitable plate, arrange each piece of melon on top of each other in the style of a pillow or arrange for the tip of the melon intestine to point inward, the peel is facing out. Put it in the fridge for a few minutes and it’s ready to use.
4. How to cut a watermelon into squares
- 1 watermelon
- Cutting board, knife
- Bowl, fork
4.2. Proceed to cut the melon
- Step 1: First, the watermelon after cleaning the dirt outside the skin, you cut the watermelon in two. Then put half of the melon on the cutting board, with the inside side down, cut 2 pieces of melon again, the other half does the same.
- Step 2: In turn, cut each piece of watermelon with a thickness of about 2.5 – 3 cm. Note that only cut to close to the melon skin, do not cut off the peel.
- Step 3: Cut the piece of melon lengthwise into slices, starting on the pointed side of the watermelon to close to the skin, each piece is about 2 cm apart so that the tip of the knife runs along the body and does not break off. Continue to rotate the other side and cut in the same way.
- Step 4: Now you can cut the flesh of the melon from the skin. To separate, use a copy to cut along the bottom of the melon in a sweeping pattern. Then put the piece of melon upside down in the bowl and pat the two ends with your hands so that the square melon blocks will fall into the bowl. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes and enjoy.
5. How to cut a watermelon into pine-shaped pieces
- Sharp knife
- Plastic cutting board
5.2. Proceed to cut the melon
- Step 1: Wash the watermelon and cut it lengthwise into 4 equal pieces. Put the melon on the cutting board so that the intestines are facing the floor, then use a sharp knife to cut the melon skin into 3 parts.
- Step 2: Continue to use a knife to cut off two pieces of melon skin on both sides, leaving only the middle part. Remember to do it carefully close to the skin, do not cut deep into the intestines to expose the watermelon seeds, moreover, it will make the watermelon not look beautiful.
- Step 3: Cut each piece of melon into slices, when finished, you will see an arrow-shaped piece of melon, holding it in your hand will look more like a pine tree.
- Step 4: Arrange each piece of finished melon on a plate so that it looks eye-catching and then bring it up for family members or friends to eat together.
In addition to these 5 ways to cut watermelon, there are many other ways. If you work hard to learn, you will surely have delicious and beautiful watermelon dishes that everyone will enjoy. Surely the result will be much different from the previous cuts that you did not pay attention to the layout.