5 Benefits of consuming flaxseed for health and beauty
Within a balanced diet, they can be one of the best allies for the intestinal microbiota, since they are a good source of fiber and fatty acids.
In recent years, flaxseeds have become an essential part of most household cupboards thanks to their health benefits.
Specifically, flax or linseed seeds, within a balanced diet, can be one of the best allies for the intestinal microbiota, since they are a good source of fiber and fatty acids.
The Mundo Deportivo magazine , in its health and well-being section, points out that with a little water, it is a drink that has cleansing and satiating properties that will help regulate appetite and fluid retention.
It should be noted that most nutrition experts recommend ground flaxseed over whole, because the ground form is easier to digest, according to experts at the Mayo Clinic.
Flaxseeds contain alpha-linolenic acid, the father of the omega-3 family. It is 57% alpha-linolenic acid. In fact, 15 g of seeds provide 135% of the daily omega-3 needs.
This contribution helps to correct the decompensation in favor of omega-6 – found in margarines and sunflower oils, corn and other vegetable fats – in most people, which causes a tendency to abdominal inflammation, according to the portal Body and Mind health specialist .
Flax or linseed seeds, within a balanced diet, can be one of the best allies for the intestinal microbiota, – Photo: Getty Images
In addition, the properties of flaxseed also help people who suffer from irritable bowel, as they reduce their symptoms and prevent them from being a nuisance on a daily basis.
- Several studies confirm that eating dishes enriched with flax seeds reduces blood levels of c-reactive protein by up to 15%, an indicator of the degree of inflammation.
- So much so that the anti-inflammatory effect of flaxseed has been recommended in the symptomatic treatment of autoimmune diseases, such as lupus, arthritis and psoriasis.
wrinkles and acne
- According to the Botanical-online portal,flaxseed contains mucilages and pectins that help soften the skin, as well as reduce the appearance of wrinkles, lighten blemishes, and eliminate toxins that cause acne breakouts.
15 g of seeds provide approximately 15% of the daily needs. – Photo: Photo: Getty Images.
protect the heart
- They have an anti-inflammatory effect by promoting the synthesis of prostaglandins PG3 that help keep blood vessels in good condition.
- They also prevent the accumulation in them of cholesterol and triglycerides, which helps prevent diseases such as arteriosclerosis and, consequently, heart attacks and strokes or circulatory disorders.
- Most clinical studies conducted show that consuming 30-50g of ground flaxseed per day reduces total cholesterol by 6-13% and bad LDL cholesterol by 9-18%.
Against neurological disease
- Omega-3 essential fatty acids are part of the composition of neuronal membranes, where the biochemical reactions necessary for the proper functioning of the brain take place.
- For this reason, flax oil or seeds could be used to combat different neurological disorders or to preserve and enhance intellectual faculties.
- In addition, some reviews of studies indicate that it can be helpful in some cases of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in children, and that it can also reduce and prevent the symptoms of some psychoses and bipolar disorder.
- They provide vitamin B1, a nutrient that participates in energy production processes from food and is essential for heart and nervous system health.
- 15 g of seeds provide approximately 15% of the daily needs.
Natural foods that restore the balance of the stomach caused by diarrhea
- 1 tablespoon of flax seeds.
- 1 cup of water.
- In a pot, boil the water.
- When it starts to boil, add the flax seeds and let it boil for about three or four minutes.
- After this time, turn off the heat, cover the pot and let it rest for three more minutes, it has to be thick.
- Finally, strain and drink.
- It is recommended to drink flaxseed water before breakfast for approximately one month.