15 Foods That Lower Blood Sugar Fast
High blood sugar is stressful for many people. Due to the effect of food consumed during the day on blood sugar, most people have experienced these stressful moments. When heavy foods, lots of sugary foods, acidic drinks and being inactive come together, it may be a matter of time before the blood sugar level rises. In some people, this condition, which becomes chronic, is one of the health-threatening factors.
Elevated blood sugar can cause nervous diseases, loss of vision, tension, and fainting. In order to prevent these distressing and dangerous situations, it will be important to keep blood sugar in an ideal balance. For this reason, in this article we have prepared for you, we have answered the question of what reduces high sugar.
We set out for you to spend your meals in a healthy way with foods that lower sugar, and to protect your heart and vascular health with plants that lower sugar. To accompany us on this path, we bring you together with our list of healthy foods that lower blood sugar fast.
Here is the information that will satisfy the curiosity of what reduces sugar and what should be consumed at home!
What Lowers Sugar? 15 Foods That Lower Blood Sugar
- Cinnamon, the miracle spice of diet lists, is a food that balances blood sugar and prevents it from rising.
- By drinking cinnamon water, you can keep blood sugar stable throughout the day.
- If you choose to add lemon to your water, you will be taking a healthy step towards lowering the rising blood sugar. You can add cinnamon to any food you want.
- When considering Ottoman cuisine, it is remembered that cinnamon was added to many dishes.
- Such a beneficial antioxidant spice also prevents blood sugar spikes.
- For those who ask what reduces sugar, what is Ender Saraç’s suggestion: A pinch of cinnamon!
- Recommended for diabetics, fenugreek has a very strong effect on blood sugar. It will be beneficial to consume in moderation.
- Fenugreek is one of the antidiabetic spices. It is responsible for regulating the release of insulin, and with this task, it heals diabetics.
- It is useful and healthy not only for high sugar, but also for many things.
- If your blood sugar has been too high lately, we will recommend adding a pinch of turmeric to your food. Turmeric is among the spices that lower blood sugar.
- You can prepare and consume rice, pasta, soup, yogurt cures with turmeric.
- This effective and beneficial spice will also protect the body’s resistance.
- Regular consumption of turmeric also minimizes the effects of diabetes. For elevated blood sugar, turmeric can be a good spice choice.
4) Broccoli Sprouts
- You have to be selective in your diabetes diet.
- You should stay away from foods that raise your blood sugar and make healthier choices.
- Otherwise, you can multiply the effect of diabetes.
- This situation will give you difficult days. One of the foods that will help you in this regard will be broccoli sprouts.
- We recommend consuming broccoli sprouts in type 2 diabetes and sugar spikes.
- Broccoli sprouts have been an important nutrient in research on diabetes at Swedish universities.
- If your meals are high in carbohydrates, we definitely recommend adding vinegar to something.
- Experts state that especially apple cider vinegar is very effective for health.
- You can also prevent blood sugar spikes by drinking a cup of vinegar-water mixture a day.
- Consumption of vinegar, especially in cases of hidden sugar, gives a feeling of satiety.
- It also controls insulin secretion.
- Garlic, one of the antibiotics that nature offers you, brings high blood sugar to the ideal balance and protects you from possible dangers.
- It prevents the formation of fat, especially in people with insulin resistance.
- You can control blood pressure by consuming garlic raw or cooked.
- In the meantime, you balance the mixing of sugar entering your body into the blood.
- Blueberry, one of the antioxidant fruits, is a very healthy food when consumed fresh.
- It keeps blood sugar in the ideal balance and prevents it from rising.
- Blueberries also prevent the development of diabetes.
- If you are consuming carbohydrate foods, you should prepare and drink drinks with blueberries during the day.
- Thus, you reduce the level of sugar in the blood and minimize the possibility of getting fat in the body.
8) Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet potatoes, which have a low glycemic index, are among the foods that keep blood sugar stable.
- Eating in moderation will be beneficial. With heavy consumption, your blood sugar may rise unexpectedly.
- When its nutritional value is examined, it is determined that it is high in sugar.
- Don’t worry about this feature because sweet potato stabilizes blood sugar in a short time and prevents it from rising.
- Flaxseed is a powerful food in terms of omega fatty acids.
- In this respect, it balances the rising sugar.
- You can consume flaxseed by adding it to your salads.
- It also protects the digestive system due to its high fiber content.
- Since it controls blood pressure and blood sugar, it is a food that both diabetics and blood pressure patients should consume regularly.
- Avocado is rich in monounsaturated fats and in this way prevents the sugar taken from mixing with the blood.
- You can consume plenty of avocado in season, which is also beneficial for cholesterol.
- It accelerates fat burning and makes your metabolism work more actively.
- With avocado, you can keep your blood sugar at the healthiest level and stay away from diseases.
- What reduces sugar is a question also answered by Canan Karatay. To this question, hazelnut gave the answer.
- It states that those who do not eat hazelnuts have a higher risk of developing diabetes.
- He recommends consuming hazelnuts every morning to lower blood sugar.
- He adds that you can consume hazelnuts until you are full by not giving a certain measure.
- Hazelnut is both heart-friendly and diabetes-friendly.
- What reduces sugar is brought to the agenda with dandelion by İbrahim Saracoğlu.
- You can brew the leaves of the dandelion plant and consume it as a tea.
- Dandelion prevents the rise of blood sugar.
- It lowers elevated blood sugar. It is an effective herb for body resistance.
- Pear is a fruit containing soluble fiber in the body and is very successful in balancing blood sugar.
- It is recommended that people with high sugar consume regular and moderate amounts of pears.
- Pears both facilitate the functioning of the intestines and prevent the sudden increase in blood sugar.
- Thanks to this beneficial fruit, feelings of hunger and satiety are controlled and psychological hunger is suppressed.
- You can also increase body resistance when you consume pears.
- Carrot is a beneficial food that lowers blood sugar and protects you from sugar crises.
- When consumed in all kinds of meals, it undertakes the task of balancing sugar.
- If you consume carrots during the day; You can prepare your body for the next meals.
- Thanks to the carrot, the rising blood sugar is lowered and you can feel better.
- Carrot, which slows down the mixing of sugar in food into the blood, will prevent sudden sugar spikes.
- Fig, which is a sweet fruit, also balances blood sugar because it contains soluble fiber.
- If your blood sugar rises frequently, you can consume figs in moderation during the day.
- If it tastes too sweet, you can consume half a fig in the morning and the other half in the evening.
- Figs are one of the healthy foods that diabetics can consume. Thanks to the minerals in figs, blood sugar is controlled and sugar crises are prevented.